Best Fuel Efficient Car from GM? - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #51
Registered Member

You are probably right, but I would think people would be looking for the best possible FE combination possilbe in 2009. With the new XFE version, they should be pushing the manual transmission more than ever.

I used to own a five speed colorado, and the manual was only offered on the regular cab and extended cab (and crew cab with four cylinder) because the crew cab with the five cylinder was too heavy for the Aisin five speed manual to handle. At least that was the word around the forums. I guess the situation with the Cobalt is a whole different story.

I miss the truck... I sold it to get a GTO, which only got me into a lot of trouble!

Old 06-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #52
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101mpg View Post
You have an LS, LT, LTZ or SS? Sunroof?

We have the LT without sunroof and drive it like a granny.
What does the sunroof have to do with FE.

MarkM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #53
Registered Member

Heh, well, if you've got a sunroof open, it has a lot to do with economy. It also adds weight to a car.

Anyway, there's been some news about the Cobalt and its eventual replacement lately. Supposedly Chevy is going to introduce a new car on the next generation of the same platform and will have a 1.4 liter turbocharged engine, so it should push 40 mpg if driven sanely. Of course, the car isn't going to appear until 2010 (2011 model year, probably). Sounds like they're going to try to push the car a little more upmarket, so I won't be surprised if it's basically the next-gen Opel/Vauxhall/Saturn Astra, just with a Chevy bowtie on the front. Then again, you'd think the Astra would already be beating the Cobalt for fuel economy, since the U.S. (Saturn) version only has a 1.8L engine. It must be heavier or something.

Anywho, some of my info is from here: http://blogs.motortrend.com/6252095/...way/index.html

mulad is offline   Reply With Quote