Best mpg suv? - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2016, 03:00 AM   #71
Registered Member

xtrail sounds good

I have heard xtrail are very economical on gas.

dunjakellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:31 AM   #72
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
a friend of mines is looking to get a suv, but want it to be as efficient as possible.

hes looking at the

02 - 06 honda crv
2006+ toyota rav4
maybe a 03+ matrix or a vibe, but prefers a suv more

is there any other small 4 banger suv's that get very good mpg? i think with the crv and the rav4 he could manage to get at least 23 mpg combined with a auto and 4x4
Considering nothing they're looking at is an SUV, he should just get a wagon. It will offer better usability, better mileage, and it won't be another crossover on the road.

VanCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #73
Registered Member

We have a 2007 2.2 diesel CR-V, averaging 41.5 UK mpg, very happy with the economy and it's a great drive.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #74
LDB
Registered Member

Who knew they had diesel CR-V? That's interesting. I learn new stuff from this forum all the time.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:09 PM   #75
Registered Member

The public has overrated four wheel drive. Yes it is better. But often times it just gets a person in more trouble.
If a front wheel drive car won't make it. One should think long and hard if they should even be out there. Real long and real hard.
I've owned two, 4x4's. I chose a front wheel drive this time on purpose.

I remember one year. We were snowed in for Christmas in Sioux Falls. They were plowing the main roads only. News said only emergency vehicles out. If you're out and don't have any business being out. You may get a ticket. Well... A news crew showed a guy in a donut shop. He said: "I went for coffee and donuts cause I got me a four wheel drive!" ... Myself and others were watching that and thinking: He didn't go out for coffee and donuts because he has a four wheel drive. He went out for coffee and donuts because he's an Idiot!

In Wyoming they don't plow the roads. It's bad in winter. If I lived there. I would not only have four wheel drive. I'd drive on studded snow tires in winter.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #76
Registered Member

We got the four wheel drive as the village we lived in got snowed in at winter (the road had snow gates, 3-4 miles each way from us). Justified higher purchase and running costs as we'd each lose a days pay for each day snowed in. In the 3 years there hardly any snow, and none my little car couldn't have gotten us through! But for every frosty day, did feel safer taking the Honda. The CR-V was the wife's choice - she originally wanted a Jeep, but road tax on them was up to £400 for the year (more than twice as much), and mpg 30% worse.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:13 PM   #77
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Who knew they had diesel CR-V? That's interesting. I learn new stuff from this forum all the time.
Most SUV'S here are diesel, some are diesel only as it's considered impractical and silly to have a large car with a gas engine here. The CRV diesel also has an extremely efficient smaller 1.6 diesel which responds well to hypermiling, the same engine in the civic recently got 100 MPG over an epic 8000 mile trans Euro journey by Honda.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #78
Out of Fuel

The best SUV in the world is Tundra Crew Max 4x4 and this article is the proof..==>> LINK REMOVED
Lion77789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #79
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion77789 View Post
The best SUV in the world is Tundra Crew Max 4x4 and this article is the proof..==>>
The point of the thread is what is the highest MPG SUV available, and the Tundra isn't even close.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #80
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rfruth
Isn't the Tundra a pickup not a SUV (guess you could put a cap on it) I like the Buick Encore in part cause it has a small 1.4 liter turbo and has a auto start / stop feature which shuts down the motor when you stop (read more MPG in the city) 2017 Buick Encore Preview | J.D. Power Cars

rfruth is offline   Reply With Quote