beta testers sought for new technology - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

beta testers sought for new technology

Hi Everyone,

Smartpedal invested the last five years developing a new technology that increases the mileage and range of electric, hybrid, and combustion vehicles. For purposes of credibility, I should mention that we have already been awarded multiple patents in the US (with more pending overseas) and have been both field- and closed-course tested on a very wide range of vehicles, especially commercial and defense platforms.

We describe what our technology does as "pedal signal correction." Physically speaking, it's software and electronics encapsulated in a small device about the size of an iPhone charger. When snap fit between the accelerator pedal and the pedal wiring harness, Smartpedal analyzes and corrects the electrical signal generated by the pedal to eliminate unintentional changes in requested power by the driver.

Before you say "I never do that," let me explain that these unintentional changes are an unavoidable phenomenon of driving over a roadway: all roadway surfaces have imperfections that cause vehicles to move up/down while passing over them. This cyclical motion typically occurs at least once a second and more commonly several times a second even at relatively low speeds. (FYI, a vehicle travels 36 feet per second at 25 MPH.)

This motion in turn causes the driver's foot to change pressure on the pedal continually, usually about 100 ms after the original vehicle movement. That 1/10th of a second timing is important: it's far too brief for human reflexes to respond, but enough for an automated process to analyze and correct the signal.

So that's how it works. In terms of performance, in testing to date Smartpedal adds an extra 20-30 miles of driving per tank. For many drivers, that's equivalent to another a extra day of driving between fill ups.

The technology is rock solid, but we would like the opportunity to collect additional performance data on a few additional platforms before the public release. For that purpose, we seek beta testers driving any of the following vehicles:

Ford
F-150 2009+
Focus 2008+
Transit 250/350 2013+

Toyota
Camry 2012+

Honda
Accord 2013+
Civic 2012+

The ideal candidates are people who:
- are highly attentive to mileage;
- own a candidate vehicle with at least 10K on the odometer;
- travel at least 300-400 miles every two weeks in mixed city/hwy driving;
- do not drive with cruise control; and
- drive in a "regular" style that most consumers would recognize (i.e., not hyper-miling).

Please PM me directly if you want to participate. If you're a good candidate, I'll send you a promo code for ordering a no-cost test unit (it's a loaner) through our website: smartpedal.com. We pay the outbound and inbound shipping, so there's no money out of your pocket at any point.

The testing will likely run for about 6 weeks with a new driving mode tried every two weeks. In addition to mileage data, we want your subjective feedback about driving experience. At the wrap up of the test, we will gift full production units to participants to express our appreciation.

You're welcome to post here any general questions and I'll answer as quickly as I can. Or PM me if you want to participate. Please include your vehicle make/model/year, odo reading and most recent mpg.

Thank you for reading this.

Best regards,
Marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	117079_Toyota_T-1-2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	2363   Click image for larger version

Name:	117080_Toyota_T-1-1_w_Q._green.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	57.8 KB