Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2007, 07:50 AM   #91
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedrover View Post
Thanks for the scanguage link. Are you trying to make yourself look stupid?
You're welcome. I'm far from being a stupid person. I've actually been accused of being too smart for my own good. And it looks like you wanna continue the firefight, huh? I have lots of ammo at my ready...

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
getting a supercharged suv and then ONE WEEK LATER considering fe for the first time strikes me as disingenuous, at best.

getting a $90,000 vehicle then claiming to be interested in $5/week gas savings cost strikes me as disingenuous, at best. Ask daddy for a gas card; he'll give you one.

"asking for advice", then getting it, then dissing it right off the bat strikes me as disingenuous, at best.

if it looks like troll, walks like a troll, and sounds like a troll... it might be a troll.
Thanks for the stereotype. One thing I don't think you realize is that my family (of Earth destroying pompous *******s who throw money away, apparently) probably clips more coupons and buys more discounted material than somebody living in a $200/month apartment. You're well off BECAUSE you're good with money, and if you aren't you won't be for very long. If I have an oppurtunity to save a few bucks at the pump why wouldn't I? Fuel economy was obviously not my main concern, but I have a little 4-banger Infiniti that I usually drive so it really doesn't matter. The Range will probably see 400 miles a month.

I would be asking for this same advice regardless if I had bought a Prius or the Range Rover. A troll? Definately not.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/vie...er=asc&start=0

I'm forumnoob. Would you like more proof?

pushycruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob View Post
You're welcome. I'm far from being a stupid person. I've actually been accused of being too smart for my own good. And it looks like you wanna continue the firefight, huh? I have lots of ammo at my ready...
I wanna make up. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings unstable bob, will you be my friend?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #94
Registered Member

Quote:
I wanna make up. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings unstable bob, will you be my friend?
I have no feelings to be hurt. I'm not even a real person. But bring some beer and we can talk...
Better yet, you talk, and I'll drink.

www.unstablebobgable.com

Old 09-22-2007, 08:02 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
Holy Crap... He's 17!!! I must have missed that somewhere...

If someone else didn't pay for it - what exactly do you do for work to afford the car? Is it something you're going to be able to do when you eventually go off to college and such?

If someone else paid for it... That totally sucks, I hope they're helping with fuel now

Why would you spend extra money on a S/C and a week later ask how to get better FE out of it? You're halfway there - you want to make a change, but it seems you're not yet willing to accept the trade-offs. Out of curiosity, why did you spend the extra money on the supercharged edition?
Like I said, parents got it for me. I got the S/C because it was standard on the Limited Edition.

I don't think you get where I'm coming from. I don't want to make any drastic changes, I'm just looking for a few more bucks at the pump. I tried some of those techniques on here and some from my friend mnhshockey, and am averaging 18mpg in the city over 24 miles, which is about what I get in my G20, and actually better than what I got when I had the G35. The first tank wasn't so good though haha.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:03 AM   #96

Quote:
I have no feelings to be hurt. I'm not even a real person. But bring some beer and we can talk...
Better yet, you talk, and I'll drink.
Hahaha sounds good.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #97
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hahaha sounds good.
Canadian beer...

IMHO, your best bet for better MPGs is to read, read, read, and look at what would come down to "proven" methods. For me, I think the 2 most important things I ever changed were driving style and tire pressure. I'm still trying acetone and various other chemicals, but I really haven't seen any gains in that area. But, I like playing mad scientist and playing with beakers. I had a Caddy road hog that I was able to gain 2 MPGs from playing w/ tire pressure and driving style [SLOWING DOWN!] I'm trying more drastic stuff with my Cavalier, like picking up some software that will allow me to reprogram the parameters of the ECU. I just got tired of wanting to try the "latest" gas saving device that gets an infomercial on late night TV, and figured I'd put my eggs in one basket so I can push the buttons myself and hopefully reap the results.
And an engine with a well designed s/c set up can actually not be a total gas hog.
I had a Trans Am with a s/c and was able to get 28 MPG highway, keeping my foot outa it. But add that foot...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Single digits were high!

www.unstablebobgable.com

Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
He didn't look at the EPA when he bought the car. FE never crossed his mind the entire time. But now that he realizes how annoying it is to spend ten minutes every three days pumping gas into it, he wants to get a few more miles per tank. Perfectly reasonable. I'm not sure why we are still giving the poor kid (uhh... heh) a hard time. He did try to make nice and then Bob continued to be rude.
It's not the filling up I just want to save a few bucks.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #99
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
I don't think you get where I'm coming from. I don't want to make any drastic changes, I'm just looking for a few more bucks at the pump.
It probably would have been wise to state that from the beginning :P

Quote:
I tried some of those techniques on here and some from my friend mnhshockey, and am averaging 18mpg in the city over 24 miles, which is about what I get in my G20, and actually better than what I got when I had the G35. The first tank wasn't so good though haha.
Considering it's a new car -- you're likely to see some interesting during break in.

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #100
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Shark
C'mon guys

Quote:
Tutt Tutt! King Tutt! Can't take a little crackin' wise? You fired the first shot by being a Smarty Marty when Clencher suggested you look at the tips given to Hummer drivers for increased MPGs. But I can understand where you are coming from, especially about the "image" part. Tomorrow I'm gonna go see a man about hooking up my 'mouf with these:

Then maybe us gangstaz can go out "riding dirty" together.
Did a retard bomb explode on gassavers? I havent been on in about two months and this kind of crap is the first thing I see? Get a damn grip. this guy wants some help thats what this site is about. Just because he may be better off than most of us doen't mean we shouldn't offer him help. He obviously likes the car and just wants to save a lil gas whats so wrong with that? So don't tell him to do stupid things like get rid of it for a vx. It isn't like he sells crack or something.

The Shark is offline   Reply With Quote