Bioperformance Fuels Pyramid Marketing Scheme? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Bioperformance Fuels Pyramid Marketing Scheme?

A friend of mine is trying to get me to sign up for this gas pill marketing deal, so I am investigating. It walks like a pyramid scheme, it talks like a pym. sch. and it looks like one too. I can't find anybody who is willing to boast about it on the net, except the people who are in the marketing pyramid. Can't find info at the EPA either, but supposedly they are registered. It seems a simple octane booster would provide similar results to their claims? Anybody out there that has the real deal on this stuff? Please, no one that is in the marketing of this buis reply. Thanks

withak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
Driving on E

I replied to you in the

I replied to you in the other thread about this, but I'll repeat it here for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by withak11
A friend of mine is trying to get me to sign up for this gas pill marketing deal, so I am investigating. It walks like a pyramid scheme, it talks like a pym. sch. and it looks like one too. I can't find anybody who is willing to boast about it on the net, except the people who are in the marketing pyramid. Can't find info at the EPA either, but supposedly they are registered. It seems a simple octane booster would provide similar results to their claims? Anybody out there that has the real deal on this stuff? Please, no one that is in the marketing of this buis reply. Thanks
being "registered" with the EPA really doesn't mean anything. Other "gas saving devices" like the Tornado are also registered with the EPA.

More info here as to why this is a bad tactic for trying to get people to purchase your product:

http://www.rxp.com/wouldn.htm

Quote:
Approval by a government agency.
These kinds of claims are simply false as no government agency endorses gas-saving products for cars. You will see advertising and packaging containing wording like "registered with the EPA" or "certified (some government agency) technology." Don't be mislead by such claims as they mean absolutely nothing.
---

The fact that your friend is trying to get you into the group is also telling. Non-pyramid schemes do not try to recruit their friends to sell the product. In a normal world competition is bad. In pyramid schemes there is no competition, as most of the money is made when someone recruits their friends to sell the product.

Do you have to PAY to be a salesperson, or perhaps a representative? Most sales people I know get paid comission and do not have to pay a small fee in order to get started.

FYI, adding octane doesn't increase fuel economy. That's a common misconception that a lot of people hold. If your engine was designed for 87 octane you are just throwing your money away if your get 89, or 91. Adding the "octane boost" additives is also a waste of money.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote