Just throwing the idea around for turning gasoline in to a vapor? Was planning on using a TBI equipped auto as my guinea pig? I have a drawn up prototype, but just was probing around to see if anyone has tried something like this?
Ok. so I read up on Smokey, quite the fellow. From what I understand , he was having his modified fuel line run by multiple hot contact areas along its way to the engine, and also adding a non cooled turbo that was modified so it to would be at a high temperature. All building up to the desired 400 deg F target intake temperature.
They have added ethanol and many ofter chemicals to help "clean" your engine. So you got 15% ethanol. lets say another 5% other.. So a total of 20% non fuel that really screws with these carbs. If you get 100% petroleum gasoline you can make these work again. Funny how they fixed us from building these.
Ha! My xB has a plastic intake manifold so you can imagine gasoline attacking that if it was hot! Yeah boiling alcohol ... Not a good idea since it sort of boils all at once, better to use throttle body injection and heat the body plus add a vortex generator in there too!