Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Can't make ANYONE happy.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4276846.html

The comments are the best part. I've yet to see anyone on here double their mileage with HHO.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Registered Member

Dude's basically saying he can't and won't make any trim adjustments to dial it in though. "Messing with emissions controls is baaad mmmkay"

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

One would need to test the HHO alone like the PM guy did, and then also test an EFIE alone, and then test both HHO and EFIE together to see if the HHO has an additive effect with EFIE.

I personally have no doubt that EFIE systems do work, the jury is still out for me on HHO.

It seems like improvements from using an EFIE could make a person think their HHO system is working via placebo effect.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
Registered Member

Actually, I'm thinking he's looking at injector data that doesn't exist in raw form on an OBD-II interface and is something the scan tool "makes up" from airflow readings, so in that case, he wouldn't even know if he WAS saving gas.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Actually, I'm thinking he's looking at injector data that doesn't exist in raw form on an OBD-II interface and is something the scan tool "makes up" from airflow readings, so in that case, he wouldn't even know if he WAS saving gas.
The scan tool's results should still report lower injector duty in closed loop when the o2 sensor detects a leaner (if it ever happened?) burn because of the hydrogen.

Basicly if the computer doesn't change the way it's delivering fuel to the engine, any possible gain isn't felt.
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
The scan tool's results should still report lower injector duty [...]
RW was saying that the scan tool can't report injector duty cycle. OBDII does not include that data. Surely some manufacturer-specific proprietary extensions do, so perhaps one could look at that with an expensive proprietary scan tool instead of the cheap universal ones used by many of us here.