Car Heaven Canadian program. Emissions - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #31
Registered Member

Much more efficient? Some of GM's trucks get better mileage than the Toyota. Quote from Edmunds Inside Line.

In 4x2 guise, the iForce 5.7 V8's fuel economy rating of 16 city/20 highway fuel economy bests the Hemi and the Vortec by 1 mpg each, while the Nissan languishes at 14 city/18 highway. Our 4x4 test truck with its rating of 14 city and 18 highway squeaks past the Nissan 4x4 and ties the Dodge, but lags 1 mpg each behind the GM engine.

Boy now thats much better!!!!!!!!!!

GM's web site list the Sierra 5.3 at 16 city 22 highway 2wd.

The next few years will see a huge increase in FE of all makers truck and GM will be coming out with their two-mode truck very soon. Which is said to give a 25% increase.

Pollute as much what specs UCS says what is the amount?

Remember too Honda's truck? is really a cross over and can't do much of anything but haul odds and ends.

Now were back to my question of ISN'T TOYOTA JUST AS EVIL AS THE OTHER AUTO MAKERS SELLING GAS HOG TRUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is their motive of building them if it is not profit!!! They sure aren't GREEN!!!!!!!!!!! They sell and hope to sell lots more trucks than Hybrids. Their set up to build over 400,000!!!!!!!!!!!! engines, see quote from Toyotas own site.

It's been just over a year since the first Toyota V8 engine came off the line at our Huntsville, Alabama plant and, thanks to the great work of our team members and the support from the local community, we're revving up our Alabama operations even more. We're doubling our investment here to almost half a billion dollars and increasing capacity at our plant to 400,000 engines per year. It means more jobs, more growth and a stronger local economy. Toyota and Alabama – a powerful partnership that's growing even stronger.

Ya and GM is just in the business of employing people.
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU STILL BELIEVE IN THE TOOTH FAIRY.

minic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #32
*shrug*

http://www.ucsusa.org/news/press_rel...t-in-0021.html

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #33
Registered Member

Ok I'll buy that. This is one group opinion? It still did not give specs. By how much? I'm use to test data not opinion, and without data it is just that. What they consider alot is what?
As Toyota starts building more V-8's they are still not the right way to go. In your own writings. So why defend them if it's wrong to produce gas guzzlers is it not wrong for everyone? Right now they have just started large scale production of V-6's and V-8's the big 3 has been producing them for years for good or bad. Now Toyota is, so they will be jumping into the same arena. They say they are cleaner but by what amounts, were is the specs. More cylinders = more pollution simple fact. Same as more cylinders = less FE.
Again why does everyone think there going to save the world???????????? This makes them so green? To produce less polluting gas guzzlers. In this groups opinion as I have read it. Less cyl. is better Soooooooooooo? Why cut them any slack?????????????
Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #34
*shrug*

Did you try reading the full report? Any other scientific groups writing on the subject? I'm tired of arguing these points that amount to nothing more than talking out of your ***. Toyota's production of SUVs is bad, it's production of hybrids is good. It does the most good and some of the least bad of any major make, therefore, it is one of the best. GM's production of SUVs is bad, it's production of fuel efficient, green vehicles is almost nonexistent. Well then.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #35
Registered Member

Yes Like you said I'm tired of this I'm done! GM volt upcoming will have several power plants. Existing two-mode hybrid buses they carry more people than a Prius. Upcoming trucks, hydrogen fuel cell systems upcoming, BAS system more affordable than prius so more may be sold.No no as effecient but something that can be added to lots of existing platforms. New Batt. development.
At least I work in the industry in development. I do have an actual understanding of what you hope to know about. Toyota is in it like everyone else for MONEY and that is what you don't want to admit.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #36
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by minic6 View Post
At least I work in the industry in development. I do have an actual understanding of what you hope to know about. Toyota is in it like everyone else for MONEY and that is what you don't want to admit.
Being conceited isn't going to get you anywhere. At least I used to respect your opinion. No one ever said Toyota wasn't trying to make money, you're making up what others are saying again...
Old 06-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #37
Registered Member

Thanks for the correction.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #38
Registered Member

I'm Conceited after you made the comment that I was talking out my *** your qoute. After I used quotes from web sites just as you did? But mine disagreed with your opinion?
I'm not looking for yours or anyone elses respect here. I came on this forum to find out about FE. I should have stuck with that aspect, and I think thats the way it will go. I have seen so much bashing since I joined and thats not why I joined.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #39
*shrug*

I haven't seen you reference anything in this thread, just a LOT OF CAPITALIZING and ??????????????s. My saying you were talking out of your *** was a reference to this. And my remark about you being conceited was in reference to what I quoted, you sitting on your high-horse of working "in the industry."

We're all here to increase our fuel economy, but be prepared for differences in opinion when you talk about government policy unrelated to fuel economy. Differences of opinions don't have to be anything more, until someone starts being condescending about their righteousness on the subject.

"I love those kinds of statements."
Old 06-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #40
*shrug*

But then again, we're all friends here.