Car wash ate my car - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Car wash ate my car

The other day while running off to work, I had to give the car a wash, as usual with no time for myself, I ran through an Exxon car wash, the machine malfunctioned and broke off the drivers mirror and scratched the left front fender and door. Exxon only covers 150 dollars cash, any amount higher than that can only be sought by legal representation, sueing. So I bought a new mirror, they paid me for that and now it looks like I have to paint the car myself.

I have run through automatic car washes for years and never had this happen, even with photographic proof and cooperation from the manager Exxon won't go over 150. So now I guess its the hose and a bucket, but when its winter and your car is covered in road salt, its nice to have it washed for you. I found that out when trying to wash off road salt last year and wound up glazing the car with ice.

GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Take them to small claims court. You won't need a lawyer. It will cost them more to send their lawyer than it would to just pay for your paint job and maybe they'll bend their rule.

Don't just let them get away with screwing you.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

lol no crap, main reason i dont trust autowashers
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Registered Member

I went through an autowash for the same reason when it was about halfway done I noticed that the passengerside drip rail moulding was hanging off the car. This was on my 81 Corolla for which they dont make the side mouldings anymore so I am just screwed and have to deal with the jacked up moulding until I can find one in a salvage yard somewhere.
OldCorolla is offline   Reply With Quote