Check Tire Pressure? Rotate Tires? How Often? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #21
Registered Member

Answer to how often to rotate;

Michelin tires went 130,000 miles.

I followed the instructions of America's Tire Store and took the truck in for a 4-tire rotation and re-balance every 5,000 miles.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasUser View Post
1) How often do you actually check your tire pressure with a gauge and adjust the pressures?? Since it is so easy to do and has an impact on fuel economy, and also safety and tire wear.

2) Also, do you ever rotate them? How often? This will probably affect gas mileage (as well as tire wear) if they are more evenly worn I would think.

I check my tire pressures cold about once a month with a gauge and adjust pressures if needed.

I rotate them in the spring and fall.

1) I check my car's tires at least once a month, more often during winter times.

2) My car's tires have been so far rotated and balanced every 4000 miles, but I am gonna go for 5000 mile interval this time.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #23
Registered Member

I've tried in the past several months to check the pressure in my tires at the beginning of every month. It makes it easy to remember when to check them. Most of the time when I buy new tires they are sold with a lifetime balance warrant so I usually have them rebalanced about every 6-7K miles.

#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote