Chevy Aveo? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #11
Registered Member

I have had my '08 Cobalt XFE for about 600 miles and am averaging about 41 mpg.

I paid $14,170 for mine and that was the out the door price.....car, taxes, tags, the works.

It may cost you about $1,500 more but they are better made and get better mpg and will be worth it in the end.

You will regret buying a Aveo.

Fr3AkAzOiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
Registered Member

my wife likes the look of the 4 door hatch (5-door) and not to get off the subject, but what are y'all with the fits seeing as far as gas mileage.

also, she isn't really willing to go with the manual trans.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
for the same money, you could get a yaris. well the same money depending on options.

the aveo is dirt cheap if you get it completely stripped, power nothing and definitely test drive one. they are dogs, no power. the yaris is a better solution. also if you are going to get a new one, check into ordering one, that way you don't pay for unwanted options that cost you money.

also consider the used market. just remember, people think a lot of their good gas mileage cars these days.

Toyota >>> Daewoo

Just my opinion. I was really thinking on getting a Yaris. but I got a used Honda EP3 instead.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #14
Registered Member

I saw where the interest has come back up with the hatchback SIs. those things are bad (awesome) I didn't think they were fuel efficient thought. at the same time, I never really looked into it. are those 160hp? a lotta tail in a little package.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
Registered Member

I'd get the yaris, handsdown.

I drove the hatch and the sedan, VERY surprised and pleased w/ both. Was making plans to finance the sedan when someone put a bug in my ear about learning how to hypermile.... next thing u know, I end up here, have achieved over EPA highway rating for the yaris in my SL2... and I'm learning more and more each day. Not to mentioned, not buying the car helps my overall cost in a huge way since I only have about $1,500 tied up in my Saturn and the Yaris was going to cost me about $15k
'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #16

Does anybody have an opinion on the Versa? My brother just bought one and loves it, but I don't really respect his opinion. I never seem to hear it mentioned as an option when discussing newer vehicles. What does anybody think?
nowhhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #17
Registered Member

I looked into it recently (the versa I mean) the EPA mileage on it isn't very good but we know that EPA isn't always right.

I am a little biased though, not a big nissan fan.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

Well, after reading your gaslogs for the Saturn I'm very impressed! You've resparked my interest in fabricating a WAI for The Beast.

-Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
I'd get the yaris, handsdown.

I drove the hatch and the sedan, VERY surprised and pleased w/ both. Was making plans to finance the sedan when someone put a bug in my ear about learning how to hypermile.... next thing u know, I end up here, have achieved over EPA highway rating for the yaris in my SL2... and I'm learning more and more each day. Not to mentioned, not buying the car helps my overall cost in a huge way since I only have about $1,500 tied up in my Saturn and the Yaris was going to cost me about $15k

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 AM   #19
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
I looked into it recently (the versa I mean) the EPA mileage on it isn't very good but we know that EPA isn't always right.
The EPA estimates are usually an accurate way to compare one car to another; they very accurately reproduce their conditions when testing each car. So, if you normally get 20% less than EPA in one car, then you can expect to get 20% less than EPA in any similar car (maybe not in vastly different cars, depending on your driving style). However, if you're looking at automatics, keep in mind that the Versa has a CVT, and I'm not sure if it affects the EPA tests or if the EPA has accounted for that.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:33 AM   #20

Don't get a Chevy Aveo. It's a rebadged poorly performing econobox.

Get an ACTUAL Chevy Malibu Maxx. Gets better mileage, WAY more performance, and it's got more cargo room than a Jeep Liberty. They stopped making them 2007 model year unfortunately, but get a Certified Used one and you'll be happy you did.