Civic Vx Owner : Upshift light question - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Civic Vx Owner : Upshift light question

I have a Californa 92 vx that I would like to install a upshift light on it. I belive the only difference between a California 92 vx and a Fed vx is the (ECU/Upshift light) as it came with a 5-wires O2 sensor already. I've already convert it over to lean burn with a Fed ECU but I now have a upshift light cluster and it doesn't seem to be working. Do you guys know if there's something else I have to do for it to work properly or is it just a slap on and work thing. Thanks for any reply.

GasSavers_viperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Civic Vx Owner : Upshift light question

LOL what the hell have I been smoking, I forgot that I already installed my factory cruise control and the upshift light is already taken.

GasSavers_viperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

Re: Civic Vx Owner : Upshift light question

^ Hah. I have a factory cruise retrofit also, but intend to have both indicators in my cluster - though my upshift light will be located in the spot where it is on a 49-state CX (top right indicator). This will require a diode in-line along the wires that will both use the same clutch switch.

In answer to your question, I suspect that you will need to run wiring to your clutch and to the cluster to get it to work, even on your former CA VX (ie., it's not pre-wired).
deschlong is offline   Reply With Quote