"CO ZX2" what have you done to your car ??? - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #51
Team GasMisers5!

So, the three things we should do is:

(1) Ensure that everything is real and accurate here (I'm sure that, so far, everyone has done this)
(2) To compare driving styles + cars, we should use the overall MPG figures from the gaslog
(3) To compare the effect of modding the car, we could consider adding a new section to the gaslog, which says 'constant speed driving'. For this, an accurate Scangauge/SuperMID would need to be used, and the user would need to do a number of 2-way trips over level ground using cruise control. This would be a useful addition, especially over a range of speeds for each car.

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 AM   #52
Registered Member

Is there any other forum for a MPG messuring(spelling ???) nerd ?

Searched quickly and this is one of the best, too bad.

// elg

GasSavers_elg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:13 AM   #53
Team GasMisers5!

There is another one, but I'm sure you've come across that one already!

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:22 AM   #54
FE nut

There is another forum for people that measure mpg. But, due to the opinions expressed here, I'm not about to say it's web address. It seems that people here can't believe that it IS possible to get high mpg without lieing. True, great segments are a representation of a small portion of the overall driving, but the more of those good segments you string together, the better your tank will be. It almost sounds like jealousy to me. I know from experience that some rather high segments are possible but, even though CO ZX2's numbers are bigger than mine you don't here me calling BS. If I drove in his area my numbers would be similar although probably not quite as good due to the lack of aero mods on my car. The fact is, you can't go around comparing your mileage to everyone else because routes/commutes vary so wildly. The man that was referred to who can get 60+ in Accord quite regularly has segments that are LOWER than mine; he drives in Chicago. I drive in the county with little/ no traffic. Forgive me Rich and Matt if this is a bit out of line but I was having trouble staying silent any longer.

Edit: Landspeed- that was the one I was referring to.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #55
Registered Member

If I were king, I'd simply say: no reporting segment FE. Round trip only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X View Post
when someone does half the mods I have done and more than doubles EPA numbers I figure a lot of that is that they are not reporting the same type of driving I am.
Don't forget EPA ratings also vary wildly. I'll go out on a limb here and say that Metros are the most difficult car to beat EPA - the rating is significantly more optimistic than other cars.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:31 AM   #56
Registered Member

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #57
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Don't forget EPA ratings also vary wildly. I'll go out on a limb here and say that Metros are the most difficult car to beat EPA - the rating is significantly more optimistic than other cars.
I would agree. Beating the EPA would take an enormous amount of time and effort.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #58
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
Speak up zpiloto. I kinda hate smilies and abbreviations that the guy that puts them up is the only one who knows what he means.
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #59
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

CO ZX2: At the risk of creating another enemy....

Metro, do you really mean to say that if someone drove coast to coast with great (or awful) FE, you would say no reporting till you drive back to where you came from?

EPA ratings. A while back Ryland posted an article of two magazine writers in a borrowed Metro doing a mileage test. They drove to California and to a university with a noted FE expert. Borrowed car, no mods, no lightening, no hypermiling experience, drove in off the street onto a special course and managed 116 MPG. You stated you believed it and it's one of your favorite posts. Is that not double the highest EPA rating of any Metro ever?

Yours is rated even less. The rest of us had to work a lot harder than that just to beat EPA....not double it!!
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #60
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2 View Post
... A while back Ryland posted an article of two magazine writers in a borrowed Metro doing a mileage test. They drove to California and to a university with a noted FE expert. Borrowed car, no mods, no lightening, no hypermiling experience, drove in off the street onto a special course and managed 116 MPG.

See, this is why your mom tells you not to believe everything you read.

and everything here is read.

That test was all "hypermiling", I'd get shot if I went 20mph average. Perhaps we need to ammend the statement, the metro is one of the most difficult to exceed epa ratings in IN THE REAL WORLD!