Coroplast ethics? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by OokiiMamoru View Post
I rally should have called 911 but was only a mile and half from my destination.
Please don't use the 911 system when there is not immediate danger. Just call the police. In this corner of the country, *77 on a cell phone always connects you directly to the state police of whatever state you're in.

Anyway, I harvested 3 road-spam signs on the way in to work today. Stopping to pick them up surely messed with my FE, so I did some EOC to make up for it.

As for calling to request campaign signs...I agree, wait until the campaigns are over, then get them when they're going to be discarded.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #12
Registered Member

I'm not that cheap. I went to a local sign company and bought a 4X8 ft sheet in black for my grill. You guys do know they come in many different colors. Then I don't have to paint it. I think I paid like $30 for the sheet.

GasSavers_ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Okay, I harvested the 4th one on the way home today. They're 24"x24" square and a little more scammy than I described.

I probably have enough for 100% grille blocking on both vehicles.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:32 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Please don't use the 911 system when there is not immediate danger. Just call the police. In this corner of the country, *77 on a cell phone always connects you directly to the state police of whatever state you're in.
Sadly my area is not that proactive enough. I once tried calling directly to the Sheriff's office to report some non emergency event that still needed attention, and I was forwarded to 911.

I guess it depends on where you live.

State Patrol is under staffed in my area so no point in calling them either for someone impeding traffic. Rather see them go after DUI.
OokiiMamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #15
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Okay, I harvested the 4th one on the way home today. They're 24"x24" square and a little more scammy than I described.

I probably have enough for 100% grille blocking on both vehicles.
Scammy.... Hmmm. The 2 greatest offenders I see here are Compramos Casas! and Prevent foreclosure! Call 24 hrs, recorded msg. 1-800-.......

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:02 AM   #16
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OokiiMamoru View Post
Sadly my area is not that proactive enough. I once tried calling directly to the Sheriff's office to report some non emergency event that still needed attention, and I was forwarded to 911.

I guess it depends on where you live.

State Patrol is under staffed in my area so no point in calling them either for someone impeding traffic. Rather see them go after DUI.
I was in fire & rescue for 10 years and I know that the 911 dispatchers answer the non emergency lines as well, as even though there may not be an emergency someone will still most likely have to be dispatched. Now the dispatcher may have just picked up that line and answered "Hello, (county name) County 911, what is your emergency?" out of habit. However, if there was an actual emergency call coming in at the same time the 911 call would have been answered first, and you would have been sitting there listening to the line ring.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #17

A lot of times you may be doing the sign poster a favor by catching it (taking it) before code enforcement does and hands them a heavy fine.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #18
Registered Member

Saw some scammy health insurance coroplast signs on road islands this morning, I intend to grab them on the way home.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #19
Registered Member

Thumbs up take em

If its a scam or pyramid take em. Ive been on the look out for such signs and in the stores. Which ever comes first. ^_^
jprich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #20
Registered Member

I say, take them, but if you don't, foamcore plastic is cheaper, lighter, thinner, and holds up better. I discovered it when I bought Polycarbonite to replace my windows. My car is losing over 100 lbs this way.

fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote