Creating a Switch to Shut Off Cylinders on the Fly - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2005, 05:46 PM   #31
Driving on E

i've decided. You need

i've decided. You need MPFI.

I have a whole setup (minus the dizzy) for manual. I can get the auto ECU though at the junkyard cheap.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:56 AM   #32
Registered Member

Accurate injection unit

Years ago I worked with a device called the Accurate Injection Unit. Invented by Dr.(honorary) Sonne Ward, and works on implosion !!! (He had originally called it antigravity and they wouldn't let him get by with that)... ANYWAY.... this device was a very simple pendulum that would swing foward while going down hill or stopping. This in turn, would progressively turn off two injectors. So...sitting idle and level all injectors fired. Accelerating the pendulum would swing/stay back and all injectors would fire. But... when you'd let off gas it would swing forward and cut two injectors. It also would cut them going down steep hills. Using this and a few other mods, like aero devices he got over 88 mpg driving 75 mph with his old honda civic. At any rate, it shouldn't be difficult to make something to turn off injectors. As for emissions.. I would think they'd go down. You'd just be pumping air and diluting the exhaust from the cylinders that are firing.

nrgrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #33
*shrug*

Does this Sonne Ward fellow

Does this Sonne Ward fellow have some sort of website/information on this product that can be looked at, or mehbe just a write up of how exactly is it put together? Very interesting idea indeed.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:51 AM   #34
Driving on E

nrgrebel, this device sounds

nrgrebel, this device sounds fascinating. It will shut off your injectors based on the conditions of the road. totally brilliant.

I would love to get my hands on one of these, or find someone smart enough to manufacture one.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #35
Registered Member

Re: nrgrebel, this device sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I would love to get my hands on one of these, or find someone smart enough to manufacture one.
*raises hand* oh oh oh i am oh oh pick me pick me :P

i could do that w/ a cam and leaf switches. i live up on a hill too sothat would aid in testing

this is what i will contribute. to see if i can make this. i'll make it my goal and no mateo no chiping :P even thoughi just got a new burner that dosent work.

Need this stuff gone!
https://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:38 AM   #36
*shrug*

Haha, I can't wait to see

Haha, I can't wait to see what you come up with, I wonder who will finish their project first: you with the pendulum or me with the pm5 tuning. :-)
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:58 AM   #37
Registered Member

The Accurate injection unit

The Accurate injection unit was very simple and did shut off injectors. As pointed out elsewhere some later model computer do this from the factors, BUT many don't. Another simpler and IMHO better way to do it is to use a hobbs switch to shut off injectors any time manifold vacuum is say 2" over idle vacuum, and only after engine is warmed up. A good friend of mine combined the latter with Wiseman's Efie to work more progressively allowing one to lean cylinders for cruise economy, cut cylinders for decel and still have stock power/performance. All automatic.

http://forum.mpgresearch.com/index.php
nrgrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #38
Registered Member

Hey there- I'm a newbie

Hey there-

I'm a newbie here, but I'm thinking about those mercury thermostat switches on the old-school furnaces instead of a pendulum.

Also, I've been thinking of this cylinder deactivation idea on highway cruising for a long time and didn't think to cut the power to the injectors. Any concerns on OBDII? (1998 Integra LS Auto). So I can run a switch to cut 1-3 or 2-4??? I'd love to try this. It's the latest rage in Detroit for V-8s, so why not for the DIY'r?

RH77
Old 10-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #39
Registered Member

Hey there- I'm a newbie

Hey there-

I'm a newbie here, but I'm thinking about those mercury thermostat switches on the old-school furnaces instead of a pendulum.

Also, I've been thinking of this cylinder deactivation idea on highway cruising for a long time and didn't think to cut the power to the injectors. Any concerns on OBDII? (1998 Integra LS Auto). So I can run a switch to cut 1-3 or 2-4??? I'd love to try this. It's the latest rage in Detroit for V-8s, so why not for the DIY'r?

RH77
Old 10-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #40
Registered Member

Re: The Accurate injection unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgrebel
The Accurate injection unit was very simple and did shut off injectors. As pointed out elsewhere some later model computer do this from the factors, BUT many don't. Another simpler and IMHO better way to do it is to use a hobbs switch to shut off injectors any time manifold vacuum is say 2" over idle vacuum, and only after engine is warmed up. A good friend of mine combined the latter with Wiseman's Efie to work more progressively allowing one to lean cylinders for cruise economy, cut cylinders for decel and still have stock power/performance. All automatic.

http://forum.mpgresearch.com/index.php
Hey there-

RH77