CRX HF 49 States vs CA - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2007, 01:08 AM   #11
Registered Member

I'm 6'7". I had once test drove an '86 and fit very comfortably. I just figured the 2nd gen of CRX would be the same. The center console pressed into my leg, and with seat all the way back and reclined to a very unreasonable angle - my forehead would still slap into the roof with even the slightest bump. I could tear out the console and try to put the seat even lower down, but sometimes I just have to accept that it's a small world.

dissimilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #12
Registered Member

Maybe they swapped out seats with newer seats that are taller and the bolstering is thicker making you sit that much higher too...just something to make sure to find out if they're stock HF seats or not.

70DIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #13
Registered Member

My son is 6'7" and he says he fits comfortably in a Pontiac Grand Prix.
I wouldn't call that a great car for FE but I figured I'd toss the info into the pot.

I suppose if you got one and set it up with a 4-cyl and 5-spd it probably would be decent but not up in the range of a Civic or Geo. About 3400 lb. stock with V6.

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70DIMER View Post
Maybe they swapped out seats with newer seats that are taller and the bolstering is thicker making you sit that much higher too...just something to make sure to find out if they're stock HF seats or not.
Nope, they were stock HF seats and very worn down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
My son is 6'7" and he says he fits comfortably in a Pontiac Grand Prix.
I wouldn't call that a great car for FE but I figured I'd toss the info into the pot.

I suppose if you got one and set it up with a 4-cyl and 5-spd it probably would be decent but not up in the range of a Civic or Geo. About 3400 lb. stock with V6.
Good to know, but I'm kind of through with American cars - they seem to have some strange aversion to continually operating. There's several options out there that fit me fine, but unfortunately that generation of CRXs isn't one of them. It sounds strange to say I don't fit in a CRX, so I'm setting my sights on a Geo Metro instead - but truth is stranger than fiction. I'm focusing on making my Geo Metro convertible my daily driver and tuning that for the best FE...

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=5955

...but thanks for the help guys. May want to let your son know these cars fit me well...

88-91 Geo Metros (before they put in the center console)
Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe
Most years of Civic

dissimilation is offline   Reply With Quote