crx si to HF question - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

crx si to HF question

Hi people (assuming there are some females lurking).. Im new to the honda world.. Im looking to own a 88-91 HF CRX.. looking for a really nice car with AC and excellent MPG.. problem is all the 1st gen crx HF seem to be missing ac.. and the 2nd gen CRX HF are A) hard to find B) molested and C) expensive in HF form...

So... I can pull and install motors and transmissions no problem and even have a lift.. my question:

Can I buy a 2nd gen CRX non HF and install the motor and trans from an HF either 1st gen or 2nd gen and make it work.. or perhaps a VX motor.. Looks like the HF motor for 2nd gen is D15B6... I want the AC to work without a big hassle (bracketry etc..)..

What I really think would be a mistake would be to try and buy a non ac car and put ac in it.. I think Id hate myself in the morning.. definitely a coyote ugly double bagger situation..

Id appreciate advice and links to projects.. back to searching for someone who has done this...

regards.

barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

Re: crx si to HF question

The motor mounts are different between the 1st (84-87) gen and 2nd gen CRX.

There are a few 1st gen CRX HF's with factory AC (I have one). But the replacement wideband oxygen sensor is really hard to find.

You could do an AC swap into a 1st gen CRX

GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

Re: crx si to HF question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
The motor mounts are different between the 1st (84-87) gen and 2nd gen CRX.

There are a few 1st gen CRX HF's with factory AC (I have one). But the replacement wideband oxygen sensor is really hard to find.

You could do an AC swap into a 1st gen CRX
Thanks.. I'll definitely keep the o2 sensor in mind... Im kinda leaning towards doing a VX install into a CRX 2nd gen.. Its been pretty well documented.. 60mpg is very appealing.. if its real.

I cannot believe what I see 200kmiles + CRX HF cars selling for on ebay.
barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote