Depressing MPG - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korax123 View Post
Well I drove very slowly this last tank of fuel. I left it on the MPG this whole tank and when cruising made sure it stayed above 30mpg. Filled up my tank today and I got what you see by the Ion redline 27.XX mpg

Oh well it's still decent for 242HP to the wheels (270ish at the crank)
2.0L Supercharged 4 cylinder.

Atleast my civic is sitting @ over 30mpg safely.
Hi, "korax"!
27ish MPG (av.) is decent? When you aren't pulling big power from the engine (drove very slowly) ? For a 2.0 liter? Ah! The stories I could tell you! Send me a legal length SASE and I will send you my "Fact Sheet I" (6 pages of info) for my modified gasoline (I'll even pay the extra postage). Is fair?
I wouldn't be discouraged by one (easy ) tank...I'd be ill! Gas co$t$ too much !!
Ted Hart
PO Box 1165
Pittsboro, NC 27312

Ted Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
how big is the collector for the header and cat? 2.5 to 3 in is a big deal...

what kinda figures does it give you at the track?

what kinda of driving do you usually do?

and those are aftercooled right?
Yea there is a an intercooler on the S/C. I see 16.5psi of boost @ WOT. And my best track time so far is 14.7@100.73mph with a 2.5 60' because the stock tires were horrible. Since then I have gotton better tires and a better tune, but haven't been back to the track yet.

The header collector and downpipe is 2.5" and it goes into a 3" exhaust with a 3" in/out Edelbrock SDT muffler.

I usually drive slow and don't accel that fast at all. Ask my wife she makes fun of me because my car is pretty quick and i drive like a grandma.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
hmm... i bet having a smoother transition to the massive exhaust will help a lot in both power and fuel economy.

when i ask the type of driving i mean do you do mostly stop and go? freeway cruising?

and as you mentioned before, not letting the aftercooler get air with a grill block would be the biggest mistake on that car.

27mpg on in the 225-250whp range is pretty good for a domestic. some of the turbo civics do that as well as most k swaped civics. one of my buddies with an rsx-s motor in his civic put down 230whp to the wheels and gets 32mpg on his way to and from the track, which is the only time he drives it on the street.

since most turbo integras and b series civics can get low 30s mpg i would say that you have some room to improve mechanically.

do you have a high flow cat yet?