Did some weight reduction just now - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #61
*shrug*

I dunno, I was just somewhat

I dunno, I was just somewhat trusting him, he's rather careful about things. Mines on there but not bolted to the manifold, I'll prolly just take it off.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #62
Registered Member

Re: My weight reduction so

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
So unless I want to spend lots of cash, only the intake manifold bracket and sway bar if I even hve one of those.

Anything else I can remove without having to buy something to replace it with?
Yea... a good deal of weight reduction will cost ya, but when I was building the car for race, every lb helped. I have even removed the starter and bump started when I needed to. That starter is heavy! I put it back on eventually, but the car never handled as well as it did with it off. It was almost PERFECT. There was a D-series in there at the time too... it made transitions sooo much faster!!!

I'll keep thinking about the other stuff I've removed... I used to try to lighten the car every day... even if it was only one bolt. My friends thought I was crazy.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #63
Registered Member

Re: I dunno, I was just somewhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I dunno, I was just somewhat trusting him, he's rather careful about things. Mines on there but not bolted to the manifold, I'll prolly just take it off.
Good enough for me. Mine is coming out also.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #64
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
So unless I want to spend lots of cash, only the intake manifold bracket and sway bar if I even hve one of those.

Anything else I can remove without having to buy something to replace it with?
Yea... a good deal of weight reduction will cost ya, but when I was building the car for race, every lb helped. I have even removed the starter and bump started when I needed to. That starter is heavy! I put it back on eventually, but the car never handled as well as it did with it off. It was almost PERFECT. There was a D-series in there at the time too... it made transitions sooo much faster!!!

I'll keep thinking about the other stuff I've removed... I used to try to lighten the car every day... even if it was only one bolt. My friends thought I was crazy.
I was the same way in 2004. I stripped my entire interior and I only lost .1 in the 1/4 mile.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #65
Driving on E

Re: Junkyard for the aluminum

Quote:
Quote:
I'd keep the IM bracket, drdisco has shown me pictures of busted one from no bracket,
I gotta see that pic! I've always taken them off... and I have personally stood on top of the intake manifold after... its not going anywhere... what did they do? Drop the engine in the manifold from 8 feet up??
I agree... The intake manifold has to be held on by 10 bolts. I don't know how another little metal thing is going to do any good, unless people plan on standing on their IM on a regular basis.

Oh, and removing this bracket makes removing your intake manifold SO much easier.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #66
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Quote:
I used to try to lighten the car every day... even if it was only one bolt. My friends thought I was crazy.
I was the same way in 2004. I stripped my entire interior and I only lost .1 in the 1/4 mile.
Humm... I used to have people ask me, "This things pretty quick. What's in it" when I had my stock HF motor and trans in it... but TOTALLY stripped... =)
Old 04-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #67
*shrug*

What what, 8 bolts on the

What what, 8 bolts on the IM,
Old 04-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #68
Registered Member

Ohh, if you wanna get really

Ohh, if you wanna get really crazy, you can always replace all the bolts in your car with titanium ones. I priced that out before... NOT pretty... in the $2,000+++ arena. It will drop some decent weight off the car though. =)
Old 04-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #69
*shrug*

Have you done seats?

Have you done seats?
Old 04-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #70
Registered Member

Re: Have you done seats?

Quote:
Have you done seats?
Not yet, but I have a few friends that distribute Momo and Sparco, so if anyone is looking for some, I think I get about 30% back from retail. I remeber the Sparco Speed seat being about $210.