Did some weight reduction just now - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #71
Registered Member

Don't forget the driver

Don't forget the driver could lose some weight too. You can have a car that's 2000lbs but if the driver weighs 500lbs then what's the point of the weight reduction?

I myself is about a 20-30lb weight reduction in comparison to somebody my exact height.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #72
*shrug*

One of them for 210, eh? Not

One of them for 210, eh? Not terrible. I always wonder about these ebay seats and all that.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:14 PM   #73
Registered Member

Yea $210 isn't too bad...

Yea $210 isn't too bad... They are pretty comfortable too, but if you're a bigger person, you're not going to fit into the Speed model very well... nor is it great for long distances without a pillow under you.

And its true about personal weight reduction, I know I could loose some myself, but I consider that to be more of icing on the cake... The skinniest I've ever been is when I first got into cars and I was swapping the motor out of my Mustang. I was out in the direct sun and I didn't barely eat for 3-4 days, but was drinking a ton of water (make up for all the sweat and blood loss). I think I lost like 15 lbs that week, not too good... I know.

This damn desk job keeps an extra 10-15 on me that I don't normally carry... I need a stationary bike in my cube. =)
Old 04-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #74
Registered Member

Re: My weight reduction so

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Anything else I can remove without having to buy something to replace it with?
Front and rear "tow" hooks, these are really just used when honda ships the cars over. In the event you ever do need to tow your vehicle, there are plenty of alternative ways to attache the winch. These along with the bolts that hold them on should be good for a few lbs.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #75
*shrug*

Bunger, advise me about ebay

Bunger, advise me about ebay seats? I want something light that's not ****ing expensive.

I looked a bit for used stuff but no luck!
Old 04-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #76
Registered Member

Re: Bunger, advise me about ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Bunger, advise me about ebay seats? I want something light that's not ****ing expensive.

I looked a bit for used stuff but no luck!
Seats are a hard one. Unless you've sat in the seat yourself, there is a decent chance you may not like the way it feels. A friend of mine once purchased a set of "bride" seats, they fit me ok in the waist, but my shoulders were too wide and it felt strange around my chest. He's smaller than me so it worked out ok for him, but I personally would have returned them (of course eating the price of shipping twice, ouch!).

If you do find a seat on eBay you are considering purchasing, make sure they have a decent return policy. Other than that, if you want something from Momo or Sparco, I'd be happy to get you a quote.

Humm, is there any auto-x events in your area? If so, attend one and look around, there should be plenty of people there with aftermarket seats. Most people are pretty nice and if you explain to them that you are in the market for a seat, they would probably be more than happy to let you test fit theirs.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:52 PM   #77
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
Re: My weight reduction so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger

Front and rear "tow" hooks, these are really just used when honda ships the cars over. In the event you ever do need to tow your vehicle, there are plenty of alternative ways to attache the winch. These along with the bolts that hold them on should be good for a few lbs.
I'm rather attached to my tow points, our Ford ranger doesn't have any, and it's a pain in the *** every time it gets stuck because the bumper isn't a real bumper, so you can't tie to it.
I've used my tow points at least twice this past winter, once when my car slid in to the ditch, and I ended up bending the 1/4" thick steal plate that is the tow point because of the angle the car was at, the other time I used it was in towing my other car out of the mud, I've looked for other points to tie to, and they would all screw up my bumper, $150 or more in bumper repair/replacement, just to save a pound and a half at the most? ok, maybe remove one tow point, then drill the bolts, and steal plate for the other point to shave some weight off it, but if you have icy roads around where you drive I highy recomend them.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #78
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to molecule
and dont just buy an ebay

and dont just buy an ebay seat because it weighs 12lbs...
those things are seriously NOT SAFE
Old 04-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #79
*shrug*

That's my main concern,

That's my main concern, safety. I dunno, I'm looking for something momo used I guess.

I should detowhook the crx. I've only used the front to demolish a curb during understeer gone bad,
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #80
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I know they will take a

I know they will take a little work to get to fit, but at least around here for about $75 you can get honda insight seats at the junk yard, http://www.car-parts.com 2000-2006 insight, I don't know the exact weight of them, but I've sat in them and they are comfertable, and seem durrable, and I'm sure they are light weight, fully adjustable, and as molecule pointed out, safety is an issue.
I'm pretty sure that they will not bolt right in, the're bolt pattern is 17" long, and close to 15.25" wide at the front, couldn't get a good measurment on the back bolts... but addapting them to fit your car should be a fun project.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote