difference between CA VX and lean burn VX - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #11
Registered Member

The weight on the doorjam probably indicates the maximum weight of the vehicle with 5 passengers and luggage (maximum load). So yes it should be around 2100 LBs.

RH77- The GSR is a great car. Amazing engine. Its not great for economy because it is geared so short for performance. I think you really loose a lot more performance and economy with an automatic on smaller cars. On a V6 camry or a V8 truck the difference is not so big...because the weight penalty is a smaller percentage of total weight, and the loss in power is a lower percentage of total power.

GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #12
Registered Member

White VX

If all goes well I am going to pick up the VX on wednesday. I did the vin check and it was made in canada, and the owner bought it used from a dealer in New Hampshire, so I am guessing this is not a CA model. So the CA VX has 4 wires on the o sensor?...or 3?
If I am really lucky it will work in lean burn...but it seems like most people's experience with them is that they won't operate in lean burn until all sensors/spark plugs/wires are in top shape, and the engine runs hot enough.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #13
Registered Member

lowered suspension

I bet the lowered suspension reduces aero drag, but I may have to switch it back to stock, because I live in Vermont and want the capability to drive on bumpy dirt roads. Luckily the car comes with the stock suspension...I think the lowered suspension is not too severe...just different springs, but I bet it will be quite a job to put the old ones back on again. I bet it handles well with the lowered susp...it has the 175/70/13 tires on stock wheels. I hear the 165s are really hard to find.