difference between CA VX and lean burn VX - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

difference between CA VX and lean burn VX

Hi,
It will probably sell before I can go look at it, but there is a VX for sale. I was wondering if anyone can tell me (I think i read it once, but i searched and couldnt find it) how to tell the difference between a california VX that doesnt have lean burn and the lean burn model? Is it that the lean burn model has a 5 wire O2?? Also, to detect lean burn mode what wires do you hook the digital voltmeter to?
thanks,
James

GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
THIS is the post with info on the VX and lean burn. California VXs don't have the 5 O2. Hope this all helps.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks thats what I was looking for. Boy that gets complicated!
I think I am going to buy the VX...it only has 112 K on it.
It is all stock...except its lowered....
GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Thanks thats what I was looking for. Boy that gets complicated!
I think I am going to buy the VX...it only has 112 K on it.
It is all stock...except its lowered....
It being lowered COULD help with aerodynamic drag.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

Wondering about my VX as well

Just got a 93 Civic VX (one owner, 131K, good find). Of course, I have been having more fun than a pig in $#% playing around with gas mileage improvements (got the small boat tail on it and did my second grill block nose cone today.... the family wants to send me to the looney bin).

Wondering if someone can give me some insight..... O2 sensor has 4 wires coming out, 2 white and a black and a grey.... lean burn model or not ???

Now the real strange one.... the gross vehicle weight listed in the doorjamb is 3055 lbs.... 1610 F and 1500 R.... everything I have seen indicates that this should be a 2100 lb car....

Honda of Canada manufactured.... in california now... not sure if it is a CA car or not (how could it be if built in canada).

Any insight appreciated,
Lance
lca13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #6
Registered Member

The sticker on the bottom side of my 95 GSR Integra (a CA car) says something like "conforms to US EPA and State of CA Emissions . . . "
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks... found the sticker and indeed it is a California car.... so no lean burn, correct?

Wonder about the weight next....
lca13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
Registered Member

The GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmad View Post
The sticker on the bottom side of my 95 GSR Integra (a CA car) says something like "conforms to US EPA and State of CA Emissions . . . "
If you get a chance...add your car to the garage/gaslog. I'm curious with how your 'Teg peforms

RH77
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #9
Registered Member

I mean't say bottom side of the hood, but I guess you figured that out.

Not sure about what you read on the weight but http://www.angelfire.com/de3/dsr_underground02/

Shows it to be about 2100 lbs, depending on the year.

If you get a chance...add your car to the garage/gaslog. I'm curious with how your 'Teg peforms

I've been meaning to add my CRX HF and Integra to the garage. I commute to from Temecula, CA to San Diego every day (about 40 miles each way) on I-15. Traffic averages between 80-90mph in the left two lanes. In the HF, between 65-70 (in the right 2 lanes), I'm averaging 44.98. I wasn't keeping a log on the Integra but would calculate each tank and it was getting between 28-30mpg. This is between 80-85mph on the freeway, and not trying to save gas at all. Now it is mainly driven in the city, alot of shorter trips where it doesn't warm up, and the mileage looks like it has dropped to about 25mpg. I'm going to have to put a log book in the car.
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
Registered Member

GSR (Manual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmad View Post
I mean't say bottom side of the hood, but I guess you figured that out.

Not sure about what you read on the weight but http://www.angelfire.com/de3/dsr_underground02/

Shows it to be about 2100 lbs, depending on the year.

I've been meaning to add my CRX HF and Integra to the garage. I commute to from Temecula, CA to San Diego every day (about 40 miles each way) on I-15. Traffic averages between 80-90mph in the left two lanes. In the HF, between 65-70 (in the right 2 lanes), I'm averaging 44.98. I wasn't keeping a log on the Integra but would calculate each tank and it was getting between 28-30mpg. This is between 80-85mph on the freeway, and not trying to save gas at all. Now it is mainly driven in the city, alot of shorter trips where it doesn't warm up, and the mileage looks like it has dropped to about 25mpg. I'm going to have to put a log book in the car.
I like to compare the Automatic LS 'Teg that I wrangle, to the any 'Teg Manual -- which incidentally, the more powerful GSR gets better mileage without trying, than on my bad days really trying. Yes, the auto is a real buggah, but quantifying it might just convince me to swap (when the auto acts up)

RH77