Do other drivers ever get pissed off at you? - Page 13 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #121
Registered Member

There was a guy that got shot and killed in Dallas because of road rage. Lot's of folks pack heat in Texas. The last thing I would want to do is make someone even madder because in the long run it won't change there behavior. If they doesn't take it out on you they might explode at the next innocent they come to.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #122
Registered Member

Exactamundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
There was a guy that got shot and killed in Dallas because of road rage. Lot's of folks pack heat in Texas. The last thing I would want to do is make someone even madder because in the long run it won't change there behavior. If they doesn't take it out on you they might explode at the next innocent they come to.
Exactly. You can't change the world "One Driver at a Time" by getting upset with them or vice-versa. Road Rage is a huge problem, and can have serious consequences.

Let's say a trigger reaction has been provoked: like getting cut-off, or passed on the shoulder, etc. The driver is already in a state of "hurried vigilance" -- so countering that would only stoke the fire. If I anger someone accidentally, I just try to express "I'm sorry" even if it's not my fault -- it's a learned behavior that isn't easy at all. Especially if you have passengers, everyones safety is a priority.

Don't make me go into my unprovoked "guy with a weapon" story again...

RH77

Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #123
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
There was a guy that got shot and killed in Dallas because of road rage. Lot's of folks pack heat in Texas.
Holy smokes, now that's scary.
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #124
Registered Member

yea road rage can get quite nasty. i saw a guy once that was in a camry or somehting get cut off by a bmw and the guy in the camry kept messin with him for at least a mile. and by that i mean driving in opposite lanes of traffic to go around him and cut him off. swerve at him, make him go in the opposite lanes. it was getting quite nasty. near any big city or anywhere, lots of people pack heat while they drive...thats why its best to not piss people off.
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #125
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
it was getting quite nasty. near any big city or anywhere, lots of people pack heat while they drive...thats why its best to not piss people off.
The worst I've ever heard of road rage was when I was going to school in Winnipeg. Two drivers got into a dispute near downtown and someone got stabbed.

Then there was the time I was in Calgary last summer. There was a story in the paper about a woman in a minivan that got a hunk of concrete thrown through the side window while she had an infant in the back seat. Who on earth keeps concrete in their vehicle in the middle of summer?
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #126
Supporting Member

I'll take the freeway and go 60 to 65 MPH in the right-most lane. I hate driving two-lane 55 MPH roads if I'm the lead car. I can never go fast enough for anybody. At the speed limit, I get jerks right on my bumper who honk and gesture. They only pass if I get off the gas and coast down to 45 - 50 and fake a right turn with my blinker on. If I go 5, 10, 15 over, the jerk is still on my bumper. If nobody's coming the other way, I'll fake a left turn with my blinker on, slide over to the left and el jerko flies by with the middle finger out the window. I then cut back into the right lane and resume a comfortable speed for myself and not worry about the cop hiding behind the bushes. Such a personal victory though when boy racer gets stopped and I drive on by. Sucker! I'll opt take the round about way via freeway even though the back-roads are a shorter distance.
davidjh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #127
Registered Member

I think peopel take pitty on me thinking i'm old, or my car just can't go more than 55mph, because i have yet to get any angry gestures while puttering along the highway.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #128
Supporting Member

red91sit -

Quote:
Originally Posted by red91sit View Post
I think peopel take pitty on me thinking i'm old, or my car just can't go more than 55mph, because i have yet to get any angry gestures while puttering along the highway.
That's why I think the "one cylinder busted " sign might work. Get people to feel sorry for you. "Gee, poor slob is about to break down, I'll give him a break". My car's pretty disarming with all the doo-dad toy crap in it, so I think they spend more time wondering what kind of nutbag is driving my car. Fine by me !

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:09 AM   #129
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
red91sit -

That's why I think the "one cylinder busted " sign might work. Get people to feel sorry for you. "Gee, poor slob is about to break down, I'll give him a break". My car's pretty disarming with all the doo-dad toy crap in it, so I think they spend more time wondering what kind of nutbag is driving my car. Fine by me !

CarloSW2
I like it: "oh crap, it's about to blow... I better back off a little." HaHaHa
Old 03-10-2007, 04:37 AM   #130
Registered Member

Seafoam Injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings View Post
I like it: "oh crap, it's about to blow... I better back off a little." HaHaHa
What we need is a little "Seafoam Injector" that squirts a bit of it into the intake when someone's following too close. White Smoke! That thing is going to blow! ...all the while performing "Routine Maintenance"

RH77