Dodge Promaster Gas vs Diesel - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #21
LDB
Registered Member

As little as and up to 40 times does equal 400 but neither are absolutes so one can't say a VW equals 400 Prius'.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:44 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesong View Post
Toyota Prius vehicles emit as little as 1/10th the emissions set by the EPA. In other words, one VW could pollute as much as 400 Prius vehicles, while cheating & then lies about their actions. "draigflag" drags its flag in the mud.
You need to get over this buddy. If it's N0x that really upsets you, you need to direct your hatred towards the farmers using Nitrogen based fertilisers, or the 576 Coal fired power stations in the US where most of it comes from, not the 3% of diesel owners. Open your narrow mind

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
You need to get over this buddy. If it's N0x that really upsets you, you need to direct your hatred towards the farmers using Nitrogen based fertilisers, or the 576 Coal fired power stations in the US where most of it comes from, not the 3% of diesel owners. Open your narrow mind
I know your love of diesels has been drastically assaulted with the VW immoral desire to make money while purposefully & illegally polluting. That is no reason to lessen VW immorality, their diesel pollutions & your desire to deflect to well-known coal & fertiliser emissions. Of course, you don't even mention diesel particulate emissions, which are having sweeping decreases in health of people with already compromised lung function &/or proxity to heavy freeway traffic with diesel vehicles aplenty. In general diesel pollutions are disastrous:
From Wiki:
Diesel exhaust pollution.....account for around one quarter of the pollution in the air(by the 3% diesel ownership you mention)....and a high share of sickness caused by automotive pollution....... While total nitrogen oxides from petrol cars have decreased by around 96% ... while diesel cars still produce nitrogen oxides...similar level to ...decade and a half ago; hence, resulting in diesel cars emit around 20 times more nitrogen oxides than petrol.
litesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:03 AM   #24
Registered Member

I don't "love" diesels, I am a fan of cars, I just happen to choose a diesel, like most people do because I enjoy driving them and they are very affordable to buy own and run. My next car might be a petrol, a diesel a hybrid, it all depends on my budget and current fuel prices. I certainly wouldn't let problems in overcrowded cities in other countries hundreds of miles away influence my choice of car in my own country, the same as you wouldn't stop enjoying a steak because people worship cows in India.

In the US, the people are, I don't want to use the word gullible because it sounds rude, perhaps more easily influenced and persuaded is the correct term, especially by the media who seem to brainwash everyone. Sales of VW have actually risen in recent months in parts of Europe, and diesel car registrations are just as popular as ever taking the majority of the market. Don't forget the problems you mention are mostly from the older generations, the cleaner newer diesels have already slashed particulate matter by 99.9% and N0x by 96%, so probably best let this go now...

Old 12-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #25
LDB
Registered Member

No, in the U.S. people are gullible, a little over half of them anyway. Recent elections bear that out and very possibly, unfortunately, the next one may as well. Very gullible.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #26
Registered Member

Well now you've said that, I did hear Donald Trump talking the other day, and people were cheering. I thought surely the cheering and applauding had been edited in afterwards...

Old 12-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #27
Registered Member

Draigflag, your posts come across as arrogant, political in tone and in general insulting to the US and its citizens.

I suppose you are right, we are gullible. After all, to save merry ole you-know-who and Europe in general, the US lost hundreds of thousands of young men in two world wars over there and "loaned" and spent billions of US tax dollars to get things stable again.

Yep, gullible we are.
Airstreamer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:35 PM   #28
Registered Member

Read the post buddy, I refrained from using the term gullible because of the "sensitivity" of some of the members on this forum. It was actually one of chaps of your side of the pond who used that term, but I guess it's easier to redirect the hatred to me. It's impossible to keep everyone happy of course, but if you find something offensive, don't read it, every man, woman and child on this planet is permitted to voice an opinion regardless of what people think of it.

And just so you know, accusing someone of being "arrogant, political in tone and in general insulting" and then using such terms yourself makes you a hypocrite, in my opinion anyway

Alot of stuff here is banta, chit chat, don't read too much into it buddy

Old 12-21-2015, 03:08 PM   #29
LDB
Registered Member

Yes, I said it and meant it. Our last two elections prove it. The amount of support Hillary gets continues to support it. We are a nation of gullible idiots. At least some of us are not gullible and support common sense and drive sensible cars and other vehicles and even use Fuelly.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:13 PM   #30
Registered Member

Don't worry LBD, you can say what you want, they only get upset if someone from another country has an opinion lol