Does CT in general have a lot of left exits? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Does CT in general have a lot of left exits?

I visited my aunt and uncle last weekend and was amazed at how many left hand exits there were on the highways compared to what I was used to in MA and RI (I don't even bother considering VT for such a comparison). This was in the Hartford area, but I was wondering if CT in general had more of them. I gave up hypermiling once I got anywhere near that part of the directions (Google Maps warned me about the left exits).

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Now that you mention it, I've noticed the same thing. I drive a short portion of highway through a corner of CT and in that short stretch of a few exits there's at least one left exit.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

I live in CT and when you get near Hartford on I84 and I91 there are a lot of left hand exits. Other than the Hartford area there isn't an excessive amount of left hand exits in other parts of the state.
slimreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Registered Member

It makes sense that the urban area would present the sort of challenges that necessitate a few left exits. Either they weren't willing to shell out the resources to avoid them or the Hartford designers either just got unlucky! Living in VT has really put me off any sort of traffic (not that I was a big fan before).

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #5
Registered Member

Much of CT's highway system (especially I-84 through Hartford) is a design disaster. And yes, I've noticed on average more left exits in th Hartford Region especially than most other places.

Think inside the Box!
Improbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:34 AM   #6
Site Team / Moderator

I haven't driven in Ct in a few years, but I remember back in the 80's driving my Bonneville wagon on roads like the Meritt parkway, and dealing with really short entrance ramps built when cars only went 40 mph. I also remember my wagon would barely fit through the toll plazas. Right when my grandparents were moving from Ct I remember a lot of tolls being removed, and the ones that stayed were replaced with new, wider plazas.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote