as an alternative just measure the belt size you need and see if you can find a belt from pre-serpentine days that will fit.
how about an old inner tube, cut to the width of the belt, and stapled together to make a tight band?
i just tried it. my friday after supper project!
i took the OEM belt off, jury rigged the water pump inner tube band, and drove my city "test loop".
some interesting observations:
- the DRLs do not switch on when the alternator isn't pumping out the amps (clever! thanks, suzuki engineers!)
- the engine seemed to run smoother at low rpm, suggesting i removed a noticeable load. it also clutch started smoother (these observations subject to placebo effect & experimenter bias!)
- i got my best mpg ever. 86.0 mpg (US) indicated on the scangauge. that's not "proof" of anything - also subject to experimenter bias. i need to do back-to-back testing using the better methodology on my flat, straight test course.
- surprisingly, the stapled "rubber band" belt stayed together and on the pulleys. i don't think it'll last very long though.