Does this Aero mod really work? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #11
Registered Member

It's like what a guy I work with always says, Fishing lures catch more fisherman than fish.

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
Registered Member

Maybe I can rig it up to my upshift light and just fly over the jackrabbits that messed up my light timing.

regards
gary

Old 07-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #13
Registered Member

No car of mine will sport that thing on it even if it made the car get 200 miles per gallon.

When I was in the bicycle industry we would toss a perfectly good Idea in terms of functionality if it had too much of what we called "the geek factor". this device, be it a hoax, hits a 10 out of 10 on the geek factor scale. damn good internet business idea though! with one born every minute there ought to be a few suckers out there ponying up for one right now.
mini-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
Site Team / Moderator

I'd say if there was real hard evidence that the thing worked, and worked well I might consider it, but most often this stuff is surrounded by so much propaganda you can't find the truth, even if you are looking for it.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
"He said that the vortex went nearly 100 feet in front of the van, and that he could effect a small trailer on a car in front of him by steering left and right."

That's all I needed.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post
"He said that the vortex went nearly 100 feet in front of the van, and that he could effect a small trailer on a car in front of him by steering left and right."

That's all I needed.
Ok, now that just flies in the face of all I know about physics. I can see this contraption creating a vortex behind you, but 100 feet ahead? I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to see a wind tunnel test to prove that. Isn't it possible that that vortex was created by wind or another vehicle? Does this thing have an integrated TARDIS to make the vortex ahead of you? Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention... Don't forget to get the dilithium crystals aligned properly, and check the Heisenberg compensator as well. Then get your expendable crew member in a red shirt to stand on the hood of your vehicle with a handheld weather station to check wind speed and direction while you drive at ludicrous speed.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post

That's all I needed.
You can affect a light box trailer without a "Galaxy Quest" knockoff on the roof, this is all to do with the vortexes the TRAILER is generating and nothing to do with any weird crap emanating from your vehicle. Bluff bodied vehicles get a semi stable double drag vortex forming behind them, if you looked down from the top, with the front of the vehicle at the top of the image, the LHS would be counterclockwise, the RHS clockwise, collapsing these vortices by just "being there" causes a reduction in drag on the vehicle in front, collapsing one side or the other by being on the left or the right, causes a reduction in drag on the left or right, but because the forces are unbalanced, they will affect the vehicle in front, if it's light enough, due to it having more drag on one side than the other.

In fact when you're cruising in the right lane and feel suddenly "pushed" over to the line, by a large vehicle in the lane to the left of you, it's almost as much the fact that he relieved some of the drag on the left side of the vehicle and it's your own right hand side drag that's hauling you over to the right, as much as it's the "bow wave" of that vehicle.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote