Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs down Drilling for gasoline

Gasoline Story

GasSavers_ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hmmm looks like I need a new bumper sticker for my rides... "Caution, owner has anger control issues." ... coz if I caught someone doing that, it would be hammers vs kneecaps time.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
That's crazy! Especially if you think about the fact that if they stole 30 gallons of gas they basically stole $100.

I just paid $55 to fill my tank, I think it's time for a fuel gauge mod that makes it where you can flip a switch and it'll read almost empty because I'm one of those suckers that has a fuel gauge that doesn't fall to empty when the car is turned off.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

yet another compelling argument against raising gas tax. lose the gas tax--promote the fair tax!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Registered Member

Yeah, those thieves are making a statement against those pennies on the gallon

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Registered Member

over here there's been a couple of cases where thieves pumped oil for heating out of the tanks at schools and similar palaces... i supose they got away with it because most people who spotted them assumed they where actially delivering . also there's been quite some train delays caused over the pased months because people stole copper cables for train signalling... over europe there's been some fatalities of idiots cutting cables that where under high voltage...one guy had to be identified by his hand as that was the only part left unburned... cause the shock had detached it...

the best story however is that of some guys who harvested an entire wheat field that wasn't theirs!... takes quite some nerve to work for a couple of hours with heavy harvesting equiptment on a field that isn't yours! fortunately they used a rather rare harvester with only a few opperating here so they where tracked down by the tire marks... so much for the perfect crime.

it all reflects how expensive these basic materials have become....and how low some people have sunk

lunarhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
Registered Member

it will only get worse... hell look at the 1930's when prohibition was around...sure it wasnt gasoline but it was booze, somehitng we dont NEED to live but yet some people DO, liek we dot NEED gas to survive as a human its just that were so used to it its turned into a need for some people...

around here people have cut off catylytic converters on cars, stolen the cats outa junkyards, drilled holes in the tanks for gas, etc.

locking gas caps are nearly useless nowadays since you can buy (or steal) a cordless drill from just about anywhere... back in the 70's a cordless drill was unheard of

BUT its just another reason to lower your car to make it inaccessable to underneath
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
Registered Member

Wrap a +ve wire all round the gas tank, .. then you can have 'em IDed by any DNA remaining in the puddle of black goo when it's cooled off, and sue their estate for a new ride.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Yeah, those thieves are making a statement against those pennies on the gallon
www.oregongasprices.com/tax_info.aspx

don't know about anyone else, but this ain't pennies to me!!! also, take into account that there is talk of increasing these already insanely high tax rates.

so, let's arbitrarily assume that after dropping the gas tax(and the rest for that matter) and implimenting the fair tax, a 10-20% sales tax is decided upon. would anyone else object to paying only 10-20 cents/gal fuel on the USD?

that said, higher tax rates(even more than presently given) should be paid on gas guzzlers and non essential consumer products IMHO.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote