"ecogeeks" get the ladies? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-03-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

"ecogeeks" get the ladies?

Found it on Yahoo.com's homepage

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/ecogeek/...the-girls.html

Sucks for me... I'm cruising an old Saturn and still play with my gas guzzler Camaro from time to time.

'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
Registered Member

Time to get busy with the coroplast and make the saturn a "visible minority" then

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MiddleMike
My wife is solidly against this trend and hopes it dies on the vine.
MiddleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Hateful
imagine if Daniel Boone or Ben Franklin had listened to thier wives. We'd be sitting in the dark under British rule, still wandering what was beyond the Appalachian mountains.
Hateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
That's only because women know that if he isn't paying at the pump he'll pay at the store...
Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
imagine if Daniel Boone or Ben Franklin had listened to thier wives. We'd be sitting in the dark under British rule, still wandering what was beyond the Appalachian mountains.
Well sure. Wait...Ben Franklin had a wife? I thought he was America's first Confirmed Bachelor Player Lady's Man?

What I meant was that my wife wouldn't be too happy with increased competition from other women. Hence, she'd hope the trend of chicks finding eco-guys hot would go away.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Hateful
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleMike View Post
Well sure. Wait...Ben Franklin had a wife? I thought he was America's first Confirmed Bachelor Player Lady's Man?
Yes, Franklin did have a wife and yes he was known as a ladies man. He went to France for years at the time leaving his wife at home. He attended the parties and social gatherings of the rich and powerful in France, gaining support from the French to fight the English. The reputation of being a ladies man came from a series of letters between himself and a younger upper class women in France, but no real evidence of actual physical relations.
The wife need not worry as she can still dress you funny.
Hateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
Yes, Franklin did have a wife and yes he was known as a ladies man. He went to France for years at the time leaving his wife at home. He attended the parties and social gatherings of the rich and powerful in France, gaining support from the French to fight the English. The reputation of being a ladies man came from a series of letters between himself and a younger upper class women in France, but no real evidence of actual physical relations.

Well there you go then. Thought I knew a lot about the FF's, but turns out I didn't know that little piece of trivia concerning being married. Thanks for the ed-u-ma-cation, sir. Just figured since he had such a reputation that he was a bachelor. Heh, now I like him even more than before!

Quote:
The wife need not worry as she can still dress you funny.
If there is hope, it is in that Bozo the clown costume she has hanging in the closet behind a glass pane with a small hammer hanging in front of it. "Break here in case geeks get sexy" is the printing on the pane.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I have hopes it's true and if the list of cute single girls who want a ride in my electric car holds any weight then it just might be true.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #10
Registered Member

It's a good idea to check for bark forming on their legs and if they are putting out roots and so forth? It's when they want to put down roots....that things get "sticky"?

I've also heard on the street that it's best to look for light between their legs. I don't have any idea how to do this....or when this is supposed to be done or its purpose...I'd just be very careful if trying it.

Women tend to be a bit squeamish IMO.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote