FE around the house, cutting the lawn? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #11
Supporting Member

So what are yo saying ffvben? He shouldn't go for his own herd of goat?

McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #12
Registered Member

go for goats!

we used to have a old green lawnboy mower. and by used to i mean my mom put regular gas in it instead of 2 cycle...well engine+no oil=blown up in about a minute...it always started and cut good tho.

this is somehting ive always wondered about all of you honda lovers: Why dont you have honda lawnmowers and such?

lol and heres advice: lower the HP less fuel consumed. so your 6.5 hp push mower is equivelent to a 350 v8 in a car. while the ol 3hp or 3.5hp is a 4 banger

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
this is somehting ive always wondered about all of you honda lovers: Why dont you have honda lawnmowers and such?
Same reason you don't.

I would be concerned that the goat would butt my car or climb up on it, or something destructive like that.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #14
Registered Member

i dont because spending $500 on a pushmower is insane when a $80 walmart special will last 20+ years and cut the same.

lol i doubt the goat would unless it had a good reason. and why would he go up if the foods down on the ground.
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #15
Registered Member

Groove them?

http://somender-singh.com/

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
go for goats!

Well I have a Honda lawn mower and don't even drive a Honda. Not counting the Civic I bought my son anyway.
Actually its my second Honda mower. After 20 years I gave away the first one just to get a lighter model that mulched grass.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
go for goats!

we used to have a old green lawnboy mower. and by used to i mean my mom put regular gas in it instead of 2 cycle...well engine+no oil=blown up in about a minute...it always started and cut good tho.

lol and heres advice: lower the HP less fuel consumed. so your 6.5 hp push mower is equivelent to a 350 v8 in a car. while the ol 3hp or 3.5hp is a 4 banger
Why I prefer the D to F type LawnBoys, much SMALLER motors and lower HP. Light, fun to mow with, and fast. The gas tank holds a lot less than a quart and can run off of the tank for quite a while (mine are the old metal housing ones, this one below has a larger tank(

The two stroke LawnBoy died a silent death in the 2006 model year. '05s were the last

As for the OHV Hondas....

I have one of the first ones they sold here (that the guy at the parts counter claims was their best mower and a good one to have, compared to the new ones) that I like as it is small and light, but in the ten years I have owned it, I have never had it running, it might backfire once or twice, but that is it. I bought a few parts for it (from the above) and found out that it would get expensive fast.

Over engineered, over rated, over priced junk. Anyone that wants it can have it for what I have invested in it. (over $100)

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:08 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
lol i doubt the goat would unless it had a good reason. and why would he go up if the foods down on the ground.
Just don't park underneath a tasty tree limb.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #19
Registered Member

Umm... Is there a REASON that you need grass? I know that some subdivision communities require it (and other places prohibit using clotheslines to dry your clothes)... but from where you are at, it seems as though you could get by without a lawn. Where I live, only the most wealthy people are able to AFFORD the space to lay a lawn.

Point being, lawns are overrated. They take resources, sweat, blood, and tears. Well, the blood is only if you cut your lawn drunk and run over your foot, and the tears are if you have allergies... otherwise it just takes some elbow grease and some gas.

Plant a garden.
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #20
Supporting Member

Well I was raised that you have a lawn or something that remotely resembles one so that your guard dog or cat can keep the vermin out of your house. I personally don't like living with rodents and will spend a little time every week to keep them out of my home. But having a house in a field of grass will keep well stocked with mice, rats, and snakes.

Having gardens around the house would be good.

I say go for the goats but beware some of them are escape artist and very sly. Very amusing animals.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote