FE Team Challenge - discussion - Page 14 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #131
Registered Member

3-gallons -- how many Litres is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Well, I'd be open to any changes that avoided a penalty to my team because I didn't drive enough this "month".

PS - do you take PayPal
Just take the money and invest it in the Forkenswift. That good enough for me

At any rate, other members may encounter the same problem with the consumption -- just thinking out loud.

RH77

Old 04-05-2007, 05:09 AM   #132
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
Just take the money and invest it in the Forkenswift. That good enough for me

At any rate, other members may encounter the same problem with the consumption -- just thinking out loud.

RH77
Hey Metro knew the rules when he started. The responsible and environmentally right thing to do is get in his car and just drive. That's what GS is about right

I really didn't think the min fill would be a problem with daily drivers when the weather warmed up but that's a good thing. Hard to believe that you don't drive 240 miles in a month when there's not ice everywhere. I guess we do need to do some kinda of weighted scale on mileage althought it looks like it would be complicated. I don't want to do away with the min fill for now, althought I'm fine with it going away if the group is, because it might not be that common until winter sets in but lets open it up for discussion because when winter rolls around it will probably be more of a factor.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #133
Registered Member

Exclamation The Commish

The Team Challenge has become just that, quite a challenge. Metro and I have decided that it would be better to have a 3rd party that was not involved in the competition to be the "Commissioners of the Team Challenge" RH77 has graciously offered to help and will be more than capable of handling any and all problems that arise.

He will have final authority on what finally get ironed out and will be in charge of the scoring. So thanks to Rick for stepping up to the plate. Rick will be throwing out suggestions so now's the time to speak up so we can get this in a workable fashion that everyone can live with.

Thanks RH77 the Commish
Old 04-05-2007, 06:00 AM   #134
Registered Member

RH77,
Not to put you on the spot but can you work up a tally with the info listed with weighted scale and the current way we're doing it? Just to see what kinda of differences we're talking about. It might be close enough to not worry about dealing with the sliding scale.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #135
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Commish

RH77-

Thanks for your help.

Honestly, it has been fun regardless of the outcome. It is great to watch the insane mpg numbers and creative ideas get shared. It has been a great motivator for me to mod the car and driver style.

PS- how much does an extra 2 MPG cost?

BeeUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #136
Team OPEC Busters!

Same here, it more of a fun thing for me and pushes me to drive for mpg the whole time rather then once in a while I am at 700+ miles and still above 1/4 tank
GasSavers_Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #137
Registered Member

NP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
RH77,
Not to put you on the spot but can you work up a tally with the info listed with weighted scale and the current way we're doing it? Just to see what kinda of differences we're talking about. It might be close enough to not worry about dealing with the sliding scale.
No Problem -- I can work something-up tonight.

Thanks MetroMPG and Zpiloto for the opportunity to act as Commissioner.

All -- If you have concerns, please do not hesistate to make suggestions in forums or by PM -- whichever you're most comfortable with.

RH77 / "The Commish"
Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #138
Registered Member

Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeUU View Post
PS- how much does an extra 2 MPG cost?
That would be up to an auction bid at EBay -- it's about competition, right?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #139
Registered Member

Ummmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
No Problem -- I can work something-up tonight.
In order to calculate the weighted adjustments, I believe I'll need a total of the number of miles driven for each driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
On another note. Sorry for the monkey wrench, but I was thinking about the weighted averages, and it doesn't work unless you also figure out some way to weight the original 90-day starting figures as well (since "winning" is based on comparisons between these figures).
As I look at it on paper, perhaps the percentage of miles driven can be applied to the MPG to make an "Adjusted MPG" figure to make the final calculation. Would that be sufficient to weight the amount of miles contributed per driver to increase/decrease the final number proportionately?

RH77
Old 04-06-2007, 03:36 AM   #140
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Well, I'd be open to any changes that avoided a penalty to my team because I didn't drive enough this "month".

PS - do you take PayPal
Metro just noticed you filled on the 03-21 so your good for the 28 day cycle. Although it's probably not as good as what your SG tank average is.