Finally got VX wheels on. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Finally got VX wheels on.

Just got done reconditioning the wheels and getting the tires mounted to the rims yesterday. Did not turn out too bad, if I do say so myself (sanded down curb rash and rattle canned them in the garage). Make sure you notice the black lug nuts because they were expensive (damn honda OEM wheels and the ball mount lug nuts, had to get S2000 lug nuts and locks. Damn 4 lug lock kit was $55 even with a 10% over cost discount :shock: ). Still have to do the centercaps though.

Call me a ricer, but the stock front corner lights for some reason bothered me. So I bought some all amber replacements.

Also bought and installed new pillar trims on the driverside doors (was missing the back one when I bought the car and figured the front would look old compared to a brand new one next to it).

Note the new exhaust tip in this first picture (exhaust was rusted out and broke when I nailed a pothole one day so I had to replace the cat-back so figured might as well put a tip on that looked better than a pipe the size of a quarter... lol )

Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben98gs View Post
Call me a ricer, but the stock front corner lights for some reason bothered me. So I bought some all amber replacements.
A ricer would have put in clear or smoked lenses. Adding darker, fuller amber lenses is the opposite of rice.

But, you made up for it with the gratuitous exhaust tip. (Well, at least it's not cofee-can sized.)

Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

I say its still a conservative looking car.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Registered Member

well done
IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Registered Member

did you notice a difference in fuel eco. with the vx rims on?

Non Gas Saver:
1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
suprapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Registered Member

Have only gone through one tank since then (on my second now) but had been trying other techniques at the same time... So in short, no, did not notice a difference I can attest to the wheels, but was not really expecting one. Did the wheels more as an appearance thing (stock steelies were rusty and tires were down to about 30% tread anyway), the possibility of maybe helping with another few percent better fuel economy was just a bonus.