First GS meet! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #21
*shrug*

Well ****, I was just saying

Well ****, I was just saying the google maps estimation. I know they always over estimate but I figure if I'm gonna drive 55-60 it might night be that much over estimated.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #22
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
cost in tolls will be around

cost in tolls will be around $13 if you go through philli and $16 if you go during rush hour and decide to go around philli. (this is not counting tolls for the bridges which you pay on your way there, but not on the way back)

the speed limit is 65... if you maintain 60mph exactly throughout the entire trip(meaning you dont stop at all, peeing in bottles the entire way) it will take you around 6 hours. here are the approximates if you maintain the given average speeds:
mph...time
55....6:27
60....5:55
65....5:28
70....5:04
75....4:44

remember these times are based off average speed. there will be times when you slow down. i have noticed when i try to maintain 75 throughout a trip, the average speed tends to be 70. if your seriously considering driving under 60mph throughout the entire trip, please remember the last time you have driven more than 5 hours straight.

if you would do something like this for fuel consumption, please find a truck and ride his draft as an alternative to going 5mph under the speedlimit.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #23
*shrug*

The most I have driven is 3

The most I have driven is 3 hours straight. I am planning to drive to dartmouth before that, which is longer I am thinking now, so we shall see.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #24

I'm down for some Pitt

I'm down for some Pitt action. I'll take a couch and bring some beer and my tools - I've done countless (well, we'll say 30+) honda swaps/trannies and pretty much have it down pat.

Seriously, I could possibly be down if enough advance warning was given, but I won't guarantee since I'm planning a wedding.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #25
Registered Member

It would be great if you

It would be great if you could make it. We can try to work with your schedule and SVOboy's schedule. As soon as he gets the tranny we can try to firm up a date. Have you done any DX to CX IM/TB swaps? It would be great to do that to.

Hope we can get others interested.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #26

Re: It would be great if you

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
It would be great if you could make it. We can try to work with your schedule and SVOboy's schedule. As soon as he gets the tranny we can try to firm up a date. Have you done any DX to CX IM/TB swaps? It would be great to do that to.

Hope we can get others interested.
Not that particular swap, but I've swapped IM's and TB's on my Integra motors while in my Civic, which I can't imagine is much different. Just let me know what you plan on doing so that if I do come, I can bring adequate tools. I have accumulated some unique Honda tools over time.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #27
Registered Member

So far we were hoping to

So far we were hoping to swap the existing DX 5 speed with a CX for a taller final drive. The clutch is fine so no need to mess with it. I also have the CX IM/TB to install into the D15B7 head. But also there is a possibility of swapping the B7 head with a B8. I guess I would like your input on that. Do you see any problems with the swap? Will a CX IM bolt directly to a B7 head? Will a B8 head bolt onto a B7 block and will the resulting compression ratio be the same?

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #28

Re: So far we were hoping to

Quote:
Will a CX IM bolt directly to a B7 head?
Yes
Quote:
Will a B8 head bolt onto a B7 block
Yes
Quote:
and will the resulting compression ratio be the same?
I have no clue. SVO may be able to help with finding the site, or you could search H-T, but I know I've seen a site that lists CR's for different head/block configs.

While we're at it, we can open the CX tranny case and check the ISB to make sure it's copacetic.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #29
Registered Member

Hummm... Google maps puts

Hummm... Google maps puts Pittsburgh at 2,492 miles... I think I'm gunna pass on this meet. =)
Old 04-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #30
*shrug*

Yes, all your **** will work

Yes, all your **** will work danny, wouldn't a suggested it if it wouldn't. We basically have the same damn engine. If Dax is coming up I'm half tempted to do my tranny swap there also, that'd be crrrrazzzeeeeeee.

Anyway, compression should be the same or not significantly different. I will check though.