First GS meet! - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #41

Re: So far we were hoping to

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
The current clutch is still good but I guess we could put in an new clutch. Should I get one from the dealership? TOB and pilot bearings comes with eh? About how much for the works? Does a new clutch require resurfacing the flywheel? Maybe I should replace the timing belt also. 13 years old after all.

Anyway, most of my weekends are open for the meet. The bad ones are: April 15-16, April 29-30, June 17-18, July 22-23, August 19-20. Anything else is doable for me. SVOboy doesnt have any bad weekends except for graduation so, since a visit from DaX would be da bomb, what would be good for you?
A new clutch isn't necessary, but if you have the cash and there are sufficient miles on the clutch, it may be a good idea to replace it. We can also measure the disc thickness and compare with the HELM to see if it's within its service limits. Unless you are building it for racing, you can do fine with a Duralast clutch kit from AutoZone - I put one in my fiance's Accord two weeks ago and it was $110 for the kit (plate, disc, bearings, alignment tool). I would highly recommend resurfacing the flywheel. I know people that have done without it, but I would personally never do this. Resurfacing was a 2 hour turn around time and $25 at a local machine shop.

Timing belt too eh? We could do it. How many miles? 13 years is pretty old...

As far as good weekends I'll have to check. I know 08/04 I graduate, so that weekend's out, 08/19 I'm getting married, so that's out - pretty much all of August I'll go ahead and say no to.

Perhaps sometime in June or July?

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #42
*shrug*

June seems best to me, fresh

June seems best to me, fresh out of high school, high on life and all that.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #43
Driving on E

Re: Hummm... Google maps puts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger
Hummm... Google maps puts Pittsburgh at 2,492 miles... I think I'm gunna pass on this meet. =)
Thanks for considering it. Maybe a west coast meet is in order.
I'm hopefully going to be in Southern California this summer. With any luck I'll be there with my vtec-e engine and my 50+ mpg.

Interested in making the trip down to the OC Bunger?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #44
Registered Member

1.7 CTDi

So, is the Honda 1.7 CTDi a direct swap with the B18b2? If so, I'd drive 3000 miles to do it. Only if...

RH77
Old 04-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #45
Registered Member

Re: Hummm... Google maps puts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:
Quote:
Hummm... Google maps puts Pittsburgh at 2,492 miles... I think I'm gunna pass on this meet. =)
Thanks for considering it. Maybe a west coast meet is in order.
I'm hopefully going to be in Southern California this summer. With any luck I'll be there with my vtec-e engine and my 50+ mpg.

Interested in making the trip down to the OC Bunger?
For sure! I frequent so-cal, and 2 of my sisters will be walking at UCSB this June, so I know I'll at least be around for that. Maybe we can have ourselves a west-coast mini-meet. =)
Old 04-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #46
Registered Member

is UCSB Santa Barbra????

is UCSB Santa Barbra???? It's only 270 miles from my house. Great parties. I've also been to UC Irvine, good parties too, a lot of lesbo action. 50 miles from where I live.

I live 15min from Orange County. 3 min from Long Beach.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #47
Registered Member

Re: is UCSB Santa Barbra????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
is UCSB Santa Barbra???? It's only 270 miles from my house. Great parties. I've also been to UC Irvine, good parties too, a lot of lesbo action. 50 miles from where I live.

Ya, UCSB is UC Santa Barbara... but its really in IV (Isla Vista), which is a HUGE party town. I don't think its even 270 miles from you... SB is only 120 miles from LB.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 AM   #48
Registered Member

Re: is UCSB Santa Barbra????

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888

Ya, UCSB is UC Santa Barbara... but its really in IV (Isla Vista), which is a HUGE party town. I don't think its even 270 miles from you... SB is only 120 miles from LB.
I don't even know. I was wasted when we were driving back. Somebody else was driving my car back.

UCSB is big on drugs too. We were approached to buy some weed and at some of the parties drug activity took place.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:39 AM   #49
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
A new clutch isn't necessary, but if you have the cash and there are sufficient miles on the clutch, it may be a good idea to replace it. We can also measure the disc thickness and compare with the HELM to see if it's within its service limits.
There is only 45k miles on the car. It spent most of it's life in a garage in Maine at a vacation home where it was driven 4 weeks during the summer. The clutch feels fine to me and there might be a problem finding a machine shop to resurface the flywheel during the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Timing belt too eh? We could do it. How many miles? 13 years is pretty old...
Yeah, pretty old buy low miles. I'm thinking this is more important than the clutch. Does autozone sell a replacement kit for the timing belt?

I will check with the wife to find a good date, preferably in June.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:01 AM   #50

Quote:
Yeah, pretty old but low miles. I'm thinking this is more important than the clutch. Does autozone sell a replacement kit for the timing belt?

I will check with the wife to find a good date, preferably in June.
I always buy all my timing belt stuff directly from Honda. You could buy from a discount online OEM parts dealer if you wanted.

I'm still not 100% sure I'll be able to even come at all this year, so let me check with my wife-to-be and we'll see how things pan out.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote