Free-flowing Intake and Exhaust for Fuel Economy - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #31
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Nice sounding is kinda deep

Nice sounding is kinda deep but not enough to hear from inside another car as anything more than just hmmm.

I'm thinking sorta like a diesel,
__________________

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,978
Country: United States
Re: Nice sounding is kinda deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Nice sounding is kinda deep but not enough to hear from inside another car as anything more than just hmmm.

I'm thinking sorta like a diesel,
I've heard that the RS-R ExMag is a good choice -- slightly louder than stock. I had a Greddy Evo on my '99 Si and it was a bit louder than I liked, but the sound quality was deep and mellow. As far as air resistance goes, I'm told that the Dynomax muffler allows more flow and sound deadening.

Bunger -- this has been a tough discussion that's been going on for a while. That's cool that you're willing to test some piping -- maybe we can get somewhere on this. It's complicated, but I think we can tackle it...

RH77
__________________

__________________
rh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #33
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Ryland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,325
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
not sure about latter crx's

not sure about latter crx's but my '85 crx-hf has a full stock exaust on it, came from honda welded as one piece, 9 feet long, bolts under the oil pan, and goes all the way back to the exaust pipe tipe, suposedly has a life time warenty on it as well, anyway, it's a small pipe, a few steps in it I think making it smaller as it goes back, and I personaly think it's to loud, because it sounds like what I think you are basicly looking for, rummbly a little corse, but it's fully stock so I suspect it's about as quite as I'll get, if you want it a little louder I supose drilling a few small holes in the muffler.
As far as I can tell what has been said about small pipe and exaust gas volisity is true, to big a pipe and it's like blowing in to a sewwer pipe, you loose all your momentum, and after market headers, altho they alow a smoother flow, they are simply to big for proper flow.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #34
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Anyone here know vector

Anyone here know vector calculus? If so, good stuff might happen, if not, we'll just have to wait for me to pick a little bit of it up.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #35
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,978
Country: United States
Re: Anyone here know vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Anyone here know vector calculus? If so, good stuff might happen, if not, we'll just have to wait for me to pick a little bit of it up.
Well crap, how long is that going to take? Sheesh, my exhaust might fall off in the meantime ;-) Geez, calm down, I'm JK.

Actually I was thinking about Vectors during the airspeed indicator thread. Since most of the time the wind isn't going to be entirely coming from the front or the back, it would attack the vehicle at a vector angle -- suggesting that FE decreases during crosswinds (since the side of the car was mentioned to not be very aerodynamic). But depending on the speed, the crosswind may hit the car at a vector angle that hits an aerodyamic piece, like the bumper, but still forces the vehicle laterally. Anyways, I gave up on Calc/Physics long ago, so we're all counting on you!

RH77
__________________
rh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #36
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Well, vector calculus is a

Well, vector calculus is a little different than that. It uses gradients and what not to split up things like flow into the seperate dimensions and find speed and concentration and forces and ****. Good for magnetism I think. I've only had one class on it so far so I dunno, I just finished gradients.

Anyway, we might need to have 3 airspeed indicators and do lots of quick mental math, or get three that are electronic and build a controller, *shrug*
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:44 AM   #37
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Re: Well, vector calculus is a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Well, vector calculus is a little different than that. It uses gradients and what not to split up things like flow into the seperate dimensions and find speed and concentration and forces and ****. Good for magnetism I think. I've only had one class on it so far so I dunno, I just finished gradients.

Anyway, we might need to have 3 airspeed indicators and do lots of quick mental math, or get three that are electronic and build a controller, *shrug*
Not saying I'm great at it, but I'm familiar with vector calculus of multiple variables (although more than three variables can be tough **** to do by hand). MATLAB is very capable of handling this though.

Aren't you still in HS SVO? What high school level class is teaching vector calculus? We didn't cover it until the second year calc class @ GT, and it's one of the top engineering schools in the USA.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #38
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Quote:MATLAB is very capable

Quote:
MATLAB is very capable of handling this though.
Can I run this **** in mathematica? It would give me a reason to try the trial version. Can't wait to get it when I go off to dartmouth.

Quote:
Aren't you still in HS SVO? What high school level class is teaching vector calculus? We didn't cover it until the second year calc class @ GT, and it's one of the top engineering schools in the USA.
Yep, I'm in high school. I am taking multivariable and discrete math now (two courses) and my multivariable teacher (who also went to dartmouth) has been teaching us vector calculus since we just finished doing multiple integrals. I'm trying to get in a solid foundation because I'm trying to skip the intro math **** and take multivariable the first trimester, which is what my teacher did.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #39
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Re: Quote:MATLAB is very capable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Can I run this **** in mathematica? It would give me a reason to try the trial version. Can't wait to get it when I go off to dartmouth.
I don't know if you can run MATLAB in mathematica. I've never used that program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Yep, I'm in high school. I am taking multivariable and discrete math now (two courses) and my multivariable teacher (who also went to dartmouth) has been teaching us vector calculus since we just finished doing multiple integrals. I'm trying to get in a solid foundation because I'm trying to skip the intro math **** and take multivariable the first trimester, which is what my teacher did.
Damn, I guess that's what I get for going to the lowest scoring high school in one of the lowest scoring counties in one of the lowest scoring states. Good luck with your college adventures.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #40
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
I meant the math **** in

I meant the math **** in mathematica, it's like matlab but better.

Thanks for the luck. There never was a math class for me and my 4 friends, but we skipped two years and forced the school to make it. Only 3 of us in each class and I'm the only that is doubling up.
__________________

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incorrect Milage Calcuatlion PatM Fuelly Web Support and Community News 4 07-17-2009 08:21 PM
Gallons per Mile? nerb Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 11-12-2008 04:33 AM
"active" aero grille slats on 06 civic concept MetroMPG General Fuel Topics 21 01-03-2006 01:02 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.