Friction Reducing Oil and Other-Type Additives - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #21
Registered Member

no oil

To avoid a long story: The oil light wasn't working. Yes, I change the filter to keep it clean. I am considering Amsoil's bypass filter system or Frantz'sbypass system so I never have to change my oil. My wife's Chryler Town & Country van has 220,000 miles on it and I have only changed the oil every 30,000 since we bought it with 40,000 miles on it.
I had a honda Accord with 286,000 miles on it when I gave it away and saw the woman that I gave it to still driving it 3 years later. I also had a Mazda 626 that had over 230,000 on it. All were serviced the same way.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #22
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
yeow

Yeow that's a lot of miles - around here it takes half an hour to get to the highway - really kills the ability to put on some mileage. The two main roads off the island keep getting their speed limits lowered and more traffic lights. What they need is a highway through the center of the island with limited access but they stopped it from going in to prevent land damage by runoff to protect the water shead.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #23

Sorry to be OT, but where

Sorry to be OT, but where can Amsoil products [filters, oil, etc] be purchased? I think I'm going to start using this stuff, but don't know if it is an online only thing or if some retail outfits carry it. You can PM me to keep this thread from going OT if you'd like...
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #24
Registered Member

wher to buy Amsoil

http://www.ultimatesyntheticoil.com/
Old 02-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #25
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Found it

Well I went digging in my front office and just where I left it many years ago I found my quart can of Slick50 Gear treatment - back then it was the original formular - can has a 1980 date on it. Still smells ok, of course I sealed it pretty good with tape but there is a white coating on the bottom of the can - the stuff did settle if let sit long enough . . . guess the next warm day I take out some gear oil and add some Slick50 Gear lube and see what happens. This way I treat the tranny first and get to drive a few more miles - about 1500 before I change the engine oil and treat that also.

Man there has been a lot of law suits against these makers of oil additives over the years . . . I had no idea it was this bad but then again I saw a lot of advertizing on Motor Week or some such garage show touting all the best stuff to buy and ZMax was right in there.

http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/legal/index.html

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote