Future Predicted Gas Prices - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-20-2008, 04:53 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
BTW, where are you guys getting your figures for Saudi Arabia and Venezuela?
Vague memories of a recent post on another forum. Someone posted the 10 most expensive and 10 least expensive countries for gas as listed by a magazine article...

Old 05-20-2008, 07:42 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Ah, found it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrol_prices

Some interesting entries:
Venezuela: 17 cents per gallon
Saudi Arabia: 45 cents per gallon as he reported
Iran: 41 cents
Turkmenistan: 29 cents
Kuwait: 78 cents
Nigeria: 38 cents

Mexico: $2.36/gallon

Israel: $7.20/gallon
Turkey: $10.13
Sierra Leone: $18.42

Old 05-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #13
Registered Member

We have always been slow to react to economic changes here and abroad. Some good comes from a devalued US Dollar. We will start to make stuff ourselves again instead of importing. We will try to catch up to where we should have been now (we will still be behind by the time we catch up).

I doubt that fuel prices will return to under $3.00 per gallon...they will probably level out around $4.30 on the average by this time next year...unless something major happens to the oil supply. hopefully American Ingenutiy will step forward and start producing 35-40mpg vehicles right here...that would effectively cut fuel costs for most by 1/2.
2002 Air Box Mod...Air Tabs (5) on Roof...(3)each behind rear windows
Partial Grill Block with Custom Air Scoop and 3" Open Catback Exhaust
Lambretta UNO150cc 4 Stroke Scooter

DarbyWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Registered Member

I predict: Gasoline will be expensive. (But then, if it is more than 29.9 cents/gallon, it is expensive.)

I also predict: Whatever you pay will not reflect the true cost...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuripot View Post
Personally I don't think the world economy can sustain oil prices at this level indefinitely. IMHO the rise has happened to quickly and there's a bubble formed. I predict we see gasoline below the $3 mark again before the summer of 2009. India, Indonesia, and China have been subsidizing oil prices. Other countries have frozen the price of gasoline. They can't afford to continue to do that forever. When they stop, and gasoline goes through the roof in those countries, their economies will suffer significantly and demand for oil and gas will drop as it already is in the US and Canada. Thats when prices will come back down. I believe they will drop after the summer olympics when China cuts back on their subsidies but I'm not sure how much. It just depends on how long these governments can keep the price low in their countries.
I hope so man. I live in Alberta (ya that Alberta with the 2nd most oil in the world). Gas is like $0.11 in Iran or some crap. How do they get away with that and we pay $1.23 a litre ($4.67 a U.S. gallon = 3.8L). We actually think a $4.00 gallon would be great.
jamithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #16
Registered Member

I noticed that gas prices do seem to come down near election time. Also Aren't gas prices subsidized here too? including where the military is patrolling oil shipping routes etc, (bla bla... it gets political, which wars we are fighting whether or not they are for oil) http://www.energyandcapital.com/arti...-gas-crude/461
Gas is actually $10+ per gallon

Now lets say they moved real price of gasoline from taxing citizens, to the pump, People would have a CHOICE of how bad they need it. People who use little or no gas, wouldn't be paying for others gas. If you use an average amount of fuel, there'd be no differnce

Then again the government spends much more than it brings in, so that skews the numbers. On the other hand, some day the bills are going to come due... and somehow we'll have to pay for the stuff the government has paid for in past years and/or they have to cut what they spend. Donesn't make a bright looking future for the economy, or fuel prices, IMO.

Comment on delivering pizza's and newspapers: It isn't profitable long term. Short term making money is an illusion. You are basically borrowing money out of your car, and will have to pay much of it back because of vehicle expenses. I used to average a 1000 miles a week. Still... including maintenance, an old paid off truck with 13 MPG is more profitable than a 25 MPG car with payments. The car is devaluing much faster that is getting paid, yet still needs almost as much maintenance.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 AM   #17
Registered Member

Meh... Think things are bad now?

Just wait.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...835D9907945%7D

Scene 1: Numbers racket hiding behind Washington curtain
Opening shot: Phillips pulling back the curtain, exposing charlatan Wizards in a brilliant Harper's Magazine article: "Numbers Racket: Why the economy is worse than we know." Far worse. Buy it, read it -- this is essential reading if you really want to understand the depth of today's political as well as economic impending meltdown, and the harsh realities facing Washington, Wall Street, Corporate America, and Main Street in 2009 and beyond ... harsh because we cannot cover up the truth much longer.

Scene 2: Statistics, Washington's new WMDs, a time bomb
"If Washington's harping on weapons of mass destruction was essential to buoy public support for the invasion of Iraq, the use of deceptive statistics has played its own vital role in convincing many Americans that the U.S. economy is stronger, fairer, more productive, more dominant, and richer with opportunity than it really is. The corruption has tainted the very measures that most shape public perception of the economy," especially three key numbers, CPI, GDP and monthly unemployment statistics.

Scene 3: Backflash, 'It's always the cover-up, stupid!'
As I read further I couldn't help but think about similar traps politicians get themselves (and us) into. Remember nice guys like Scooter Libby and Bill Clinton: The crime wasn't their original stupidity, but their lying during the cover-up. Here, Phillips reviews endless statistical cover-ups since the 1960s and concludes there was no "grand conspiracy, just accumulating opportunisms." I call it plain old greed. And every step of the way the media went along with the con game played by politicians and economists.

Scene 4: Real numbers torture us ... like water-boarding!
How bad is it? "The real numbers ... would be a face full of cold water," says Phillips. "Based on the criteria in place a quarter century ago, today's U.S. unemployment rate is somewhere between 9% and 12%; the inflation rate is as high as 7% or even 10%; economics growth since the recession of 2001 has been mediocre, despite the surge in wealth and incomes of the superrich, and we are falling back into recession."

Be afraid, be very afraid.

89 Yamaha FZR400 Crotch rocket, semi naked with only the bikini fairing, no lowers, 60 plus mpg

87 Ranger 2.3 5spd.. Does not currently run..
fumesucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #18
Registered Member

On politicians and gas prices, I always find it suspicious that on the "Gas price temperature map" at ontariogasprices.com that Ottawa always seems to have some of the lowest prices in Ontario, it's like they deliberately keep the "pump shock" as low as possible for our elected federal MPs.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Exactly!

I see idiots in my hick town delivering Domino's Pizza using old full-size 4x4 pickups, and just shake my head. They must just be doing it for the fun of it.
or perhaps for the occasional late-nite delight.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:29 AM   #20
Registered Member

I know the news is always doom and gloom but they were talking predicted gas prices to be $12 - $15 in the next year. Talk about throwing the country in a depression.

waddie is offline   Reply With Quote