Future Predicted Gas Prices - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #51
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 689
Country: United States
I think a large percentage of the problem with oil/gasoline prices is the speculators that are trying to get rich off of it over night and not worrying about the impact it has on the little man or the global economy.
__________________

__________________
Hipermiler
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #52
AMX
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 44
Country: United States
Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, I recently paid $1.423/Litre for regular gas. It is equal to $5.39/US Gallon!!!!
__________________

__________________
AMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #53
Registered Member
 
Kuripot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 52
Country: United States
How much of that $1.423 was tax? You're paying for more than just fuel.
__________________
2008 Hyundai Accent Manual Trans.
Kuripot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #54
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 68
Country: United States
I think high gas prices are good, it's good to make people realized how wastefull we've became, and to learn to live with less..Seriously, how bad can it get? Even if the gas price would DOUBLE OR TRIPLE, selling your car or driving an occasional junker would make you more RICH. Case in point, buy an older/cheaper car that will split your car payment in half..there ya go, you just swerved financially the high gas prices and can buy gas instead of paying the banks with interests. Of course, the food price would go up too..just stop eating out once or twice and you'll be able to neutralize the inflation too. People are just starting to realise they need to change and can't keep their habits.

Now I know not everybody can live without a car, but it's about time the governing people start thinking about other means of transportation. Europe have a far best ways to travels with their TGV's and better flights.

There is whinner and doers in the world. I just sold my WRX and I'm driving a scooter, and I'm freakin glad I did I got like 500$ more each month in my pocket. And my next car will be paid cash. And in case anybody think I'm one of the rich one, I'm don't even do 30K a year.

We can whine all day about government and big industry leading the oil price, in the end, you have to bend over. Just adapt and give them the bird!
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #55
Site Team / Moderator
 
Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,657
Country: United States
Location: Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
I think high gas prices are good, it's good to make people realized how wastefull we've became, and to learn to live with less..Seriously, how bad can it get? Even if the gas price would DOUBLE OR TRIPLE, selling your car or driving an occasional junker would make you more RICH. Case in point, buy an older/cheaper car that will split your car payment in half..there ya go, you just swerved financially the high gas prices and can buy gas instead of paying the banks with interests. Of course, the food price would go up too..just stop eating out once or twice and you'll be able to neutralize the inflation too. People are just starting to realise they need to change and can't keep their habits.

Now I know not everybody can live without a car, but it's about time the governing people start thinking about other means of transportation. Europe have a far best ways to travels with their TGV's and better flights.

There is whinner and doers in the world. I just sold my WRX and I'm driving a scooter, and I'm freakin glad I did I got like 500$ more each month in my pocket. And my next car will be paid cash. And in case anybody think I'm one of the rich one, I'm don't even do 30K a year.

We can whine all day about government and big industry leading the oil price, in the end, you have to bend over. Just adapt and give them the bird!
That's a good idea if you financed your car, but I'm 37, and I've never financed a vehicle in my life. When I want a new vehicle I put money away in my savings account each week, in effect I am making my payments before I buy the vehicle. When I have enough saved up I go out and pay cash for it. Then I drive it till the doors fall off No, seriously. I've had the doors fall off of 3 of my vehicles over the years. Vehicle with the lowest mileage I've parted with: 185,000 miles. Highest mileage: 300,000 miles. Over the years I've gotten good at taking door hinges apart and rebuilding them.

-Jay
__________________






Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 68
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
That's a good idea if you financed your car, but I'm 37, and I've never financed a vehicle in my life. When I want a new vehicle I put money away in my savings account each week, in effect I am making my payments before I buy the vehicle. When I have enough saved up I go out and pay cash for it. Then I drive it till the doors fall off No, seriously. I've had the doors fall off of 3 of my vehicles over the years. Vehicle with the lowest mileage I've parted with: 185,000 miles. Highest mileage: 300,000 miles. Over the years I've gotten good at taking door hinges apart and rebuilding them.

-Jay
I like you
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #57
Registered Member
 
bowtieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,873
Country: United States
Location: orlando, florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
I think high gas prices are good, it's good to make people realized how wastefull we've became, and to learn to live with less. Case in point, buy an older/cheaper car that will split your car payment in half..there ya go, you just swerved financially the high gas prices and can buy gas instead of paying the banks with interests. Of course, the food price would go up too..just stop eating out once or twice and you'll be able to neutralize the inflation too. People are just starting to realise they need to change and can't keep their habits.

We can whine all day about government and big industry leading the oil price, in the end, you have to bend over.
you're not paying attention. we have no car payment, cut back on our already frugal lifestyle, increased conservation of many things, but yet we are struggling. MANY are struggling.

BEFORE fuel prices started getting out of control, we were on our way to building a nest egg of savings. now it is starting to deplete. again, i suspect many people are like us: conserving, yet struggling to get by.

blood out of a rock mean anything?

BTW, contacting the gov't(congress) to complain is a citizen's right. call it whining if you like, but they must be informed as they live in a box.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #58
Site Team / Moderator
 
Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,657
Country: United States
Location: Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
I like you
Thank You...
__________________






Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #59
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 68
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
you're not paying attention. we have no car payment, cut back on our already frugal lifestyle, increased conservation of many things, but yet we are struggling. MANY are struggling.

BEFORE fuel prices started getting out of control, we were on our way to building a nest egg of savings. now it is starting to deplete. again, i suspect many people are like us: conserving, yet struggling to get by.

blood out of a rock mean anything?

BTW, contacting the gov't(congress) to complain is a citizen's right. call it whining if you like, but they must be informed as they live in a box.
Yea, the congressman won't do crap 'cause fuel price is obviously a world wide crisis. I'm sorry to hear the gas price alone crippled you, you must have been pretty fragile from the start. It's hard to understand being a Canadian where car prices are 25%+ more expensive, most goods and food are also more expensive and, compared to Florida, our gas has always been almost 2 times more expensive. How can we survive? I can't even afford to drive a bike or scooter all year long 'cause we have 6 months of winter, where our electric bills jumps 100$ more a month and need some good winter tires, car gets half their MPG too.

I'm sure you can do better

PS: I'm not pointing you down, I'm just a firm beleiver that there is always ways to downsize, either might it be moving into an appartment/small house or job changes...but liek I said, people don't like changing their habit.
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #60
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3
Country: United States
Fascinating trains of thougt going on. It's pretty clear we don't have the slightest clue what's going on except that that gas prices are starting to pinch a bit. The majority of the world has been in worse shape for many years but now it's coming to our local gas stations. Rant, rave, grind your teeth, it isn't going away without significant and meaningful structural change. Too much money is being made at $135 a barrel and even more will be made at $200 a barrel. Tell me how much is enough profit and I'll tell you exactly where the price increases will level out....well, maybe except for that gravitational influence of the moon deal....

Humans are influencing the environment (but only to almost immeasurable levels) but have incredible influences over market forces and constructing cost structures that move as maximum production at maximum profit. $4 at the pump isn't causing much more than minor concern at this site. It's going to take $8, $12, or $14 a gallon to get some major interest stirred up. Of course, at that level, filling the 4Runner is not going to be a big problem compared to $7 lettuce or $14/lb hamburger. Should be some interesting discussions then. Good news will be that we will stop worrying about the political correctness of "greening" our universe and get back to concentrating on our survival. Won't help with energy costs, but will give us the freedom to construct a realistic nuclear energy program and give us a meaningful energy infrastructure.

Enough ranting except to say what's going on with these ridiiculous pump prices! I'm not putting up with this!
__________________

GasSavers_Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
change? lilspoon Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 02-17-2012 12:13 AM
Hydrogen or H2O Systems 1Jal1 General Fuel Topics 4 10-11-2008 02:20 AM
Why did it take me so long to find this place? Baranfin Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome 6 05-31-2008 05:17 PM
Improving aerodynamics (of '87 Nissan Bluebird) landspeed Aerodynamics 19 12-18-2006 07:00 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.