Gas expected to peak at $3.60 a gallon - Page 9 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2008, 04:23 AM   #81
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Hey no one mentioned "Earth Week" this past week . . .

Hey buddy can you spare a loaf of bread . . . I can pay you in gasoline . . . hey it's high test too!

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:25 AM   #82
Registered Member

VetteOwner, gotta love Aldi. My wife and I shop there weekly, it's great quality food for next to nothing for those not hung up on labels. If anyone has one in your area and you haven't shopped there, give them a try. I'm disappointed I didn't check them out sooner.

I suppose my wife and I are in the group with the "normal" folks too... we do what we can with what we have and try to not be wasteful in the process.

BTW, gas here has dropped from $3.68 to a "more reasonable" $3.60! yay! lol... Luckily I'm still on the same tank I bought when it was $3.48, which then I thought was high.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #83
Registered Member

Aldi's shopper here also. Spent $100 Friday on a cart heaping with groceries.

BTW, a local gas station around here a few days ago already hit $3.759 for regular and $4.059 for 93 octane (we call it super, not sure what others call it). For comparision's sake, take a look at other posts I've made in this thread and compare the time and price increase. Its astonishing. In just 5 days between filling up, I paid $0.10 per gallon more at the exact same station I have been going to lately. Imagine if gas kept going up $0.10 per gallon every 5 days where they would be by Memorial day.
froggy81500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #84
Registered Member

aldi sounds like a good place to go to.. i checked the website and found 1 close by, might give it a check tomorrow

I think gas might be hitting 5 a gallon by mid summer by the way its been rising (2 cents a day)
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #85
Registered Member

gas prices are $3.67 for regular and that's one of the cheapest gas stations around..

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #86
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
aldi sounds like a good place to go to.. i checked the website and found 1 close by, might give it a check tomorrow

I think gas might be hitting 5 a gallon by mid summer by the way its been rising (2 cents a day)
seriously do!

oh and bring your old walmart/kmart/take out food plastic bags unless u wanna pay a nickel a bag

liek i said ive yet to find something nasty from there (even their brand of soda is pretty good)
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #87
Registered Member

Hmmm...around here in So. Calif. 360.9 cents a gallon is a fond memory. Of course, it is fun to tell my friends at work who have big pickups or SUVs that, yeah, it is getting bad...it cost me almost $18 to fill up my car!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 AM   #88
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBob View Post
Hmmm...around here in So. Calif. 360.9 cents a gallon is a fond memory. Of course, it is fun to tell my friends at work who have big pickups or SUVs that, yeah, it is getting bad...it cost me almost $18 to fill up my car!

how big is your gas tank (from "E" to the click of the nozzle)? i thought I had it good since i have a 10 gallon tank (nozzle clicks when it hits around 10). i feel bad for some of my co workers who whine about gas and they be driving a nissan pathfinder, ford explorer, and a old 90 automatic maxima that gets under 20 mpg with premium
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #89
Registered Member

I've considered riding my horse to work, but a 30 mile trip may take a bit to long. On the plus side, the more grass I have, the cheaper it is to mow.
Minicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #90
Registered Member

I usually fill up every other day (about 180-200 miles driving, see my gaslog). Lately been less than 5 gallons at a time. 10 gallon tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
how big is your gas tank (from "E" to the click of the nozzle)? i thought I had it good since i have a 10 gallon tank (nozzle clicks when it hits around 10). i feel bad for some of my co workers who whine about gas and they be driving a nissan pathfinder, ford explorer, and a old 90 automatic maxima that gets under 20 mpg with premium

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote