Gas expected to peak at $3.60 a gallon - Page 10 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #91
Registered Member

Hmmm....I wonder...what DO horses wish for? Certainly not for beggers to ride them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cheap1 View Post
If wishes were horse's then beggars would ride....

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #92
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
how big is your gas tank (from "E" to the click of the nozzle)? i thought I had it good since i have a 10 gallon tank (nozzle clicks when it hits around 10). i feel bad for some of my co workers who whine about gas and they be driving a nissan pathfinder, ford explorer, and a old 90 automatic maxima that gets under 20 mpg with premium
I'd VERY quickly be retiring my car if I got that kind of economy. Hell, I get mid to upper 20's and I'm ready for a motorcycle already. My problem is I pay so much for fuel right now that the savings would more than pay for the bike but paying for fuel right now is eating up my funds and keeping me from just going out and getting a bike.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #93
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
seriously do!

oh and bring your old walmart/kmart/take out food plastic bags unless u wanna pay a nickel a bag

liek i said ive yet to find something nasty from there (even their brand of soda is pretty good)

i just went there and bought some stuff. its pretty nice, only 1 cashier and 1 person who do everything else (sweep floor, grab 1 cart from parking lot if there is, help customers, etc) the prices are pretty low, and the food tasted the same as a "normal" supermarket.

the only bad thing is, i bought the hot buffalo wings (microwavable) and it didnt taste good. it tasted like boiled chicken dipped into hot sauce. I guess 1 bad thing wouldnt change my mind
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #94
Registered Member

heh, well we never really buy any of that frozen ready made microwave and serve stuff(everythign liek that tastes kinda "soggy" to me if its nuked) if you still have some throw some on a bakign sheet or toaster oven to get em crispy. weve bought chicken and beef from there and its been good.

if you liek hot pockets the mama cozinis hot pockets are pretty good, the mini chicken sandwiches are good too.

but yea like fruits, veggies and chips and especially cereals are really good priced
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #95
Registered Member

I DO have to drive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
We don't have to drive, but we do have to eat!

I think it makes allot more sense to charge significantly more by vehicle weight in higher fuel taxes at the pump. If one can buy a gallon of gas for $3/gal for their sub-compact, vs. $6/gal for their 3-ton SUV, there would be allot less SUV drivers. I think that it would also make sense to provide tax credits to businesses who's operation requires the use of larger vehicles.

Sure, you'd still get people taking advantage of the system, but most of them are already doing that, but it would get the average Joe out of his gas guzzler he uses to commute 50 miles to an office job!
I don't know about you, but for nearly everyone in the USA outside a major Metro area, you DO have to drive (if you want to eat). Unless you're on welfare and don't have to get to a job.

I'm all for driving fuel-efficient vehicles, but many families don't fit in a sedan. If you drive a larger than normal vehicle, you are already paying more in taxes since you're using more gas.

I have nothing against people who can afford to drive and like large vehicles. I'm sure that they would buy more fuel efficient large vehicles if they existed.

In my book, the only reason to drive fuel-efficient vehicles is to save money. That's why I drive a Honda Civic on my commute (7 miles each way, no bike trails or sidewalks). If I could buy a $5k Electric Vehicle that could do 50mph, I'd get it today.
TTUDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #96
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTUDude View Post
I don't know about you, but for nearly everyone in the USA outside a major Metro area, you DO have to drive.
Yeah, totally agreed. If I lived near my jobs (yes plural as in 2 jobs), you bet I'd walk or bike it. Unfortunately I'm 17 miles away from the farther of the two, so both options are out. I love hearing people say defeat high gas prices by driving less. I guess that means I quit working then because at most of my driving is back and forth to work, as is millions of people. We are the ones they have by the nutsack.
froggy81500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #97
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy81500 View Post
I love hearing people say defeat high gas prices by driving less. I guess that means I quit working then because at most of my driving is back and forth to work, as is millions of people. We are the ones they have by the nutsack.
those that have reduced consumption(especially the lower and middle class) are subsidizing, in a way, those that overconsume. there are other ways to reduce fuel prices that many here do not agree with.

hang in there, my family is struggling as well!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #98
AMX
Registered Member

You people in the US should be happy. Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, today I paid $1.321/L. That equals $4.99/US Gallon (1 gal = 3.785 L). Also, the Canadian and US dollar are fairly close to each other right now.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #99
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMX View Post
You people in the US should be happy. Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, today I paid $1.321/L. That equals $4.99/US Gallon (1 gal = 3.785 L). Also, the Canadian and US dollar are fairly close to each other right now.
From a price comparison, sure you top us. But economically, is your economy in the tank like here in the US? I don't follow Canadian politics, economics or news so I have no idea. Right now prices for virtually everything are on the rise, many increases spurred on by high gas prices.
froggy81500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #100
AMX
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy81500 View Post
From a price comparison, sure you top us. But economically, is your economy in the tank like here in the US? I don't follow Canadian politics, economics or news so I have no idea. Right now prices for virtually everything are on the rise, many increases spurred on by high gas prices.
Well, I'm no economist, but prices on many things are going up here as well. Food prices are going to be going up now.