Gas Prices - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

View Poll Results: What's your local gas price?
Less than $4.00 30 48.39%
$4.00 - $4.25 20 32.26%
$4.26 - $4.50 5 8.06%
$4.51 and up 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
I did try regular before I started hypermiling; I went from 27mpg to 23mpg on the tank and a noticeable power loss.
just try it again

GasSavers_BIBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
Registered Member

Mostly around $3.75 in Oklahoma

gloriousmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #13
Registered Member

Just saw the last station in my area trip over 400 cents per gallon in the last day or two (Costco Lancaster)...Tuesday I paid 397.9 and today at the same station I paid 404.9. Last Friday it was 390.9. I also noticed more people shutting off their engines in line, but maybe it was because the weather was nice, and not hot enough to need to keep the A/C on.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:53 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
yes; it's only 20 cent higher than regular so as a percentage it's lower than before. I think it keeps my motor cleaner and just feels like it's running better with premium. I understand that not everyone is lucky enough to drive a Cavalier and don't want to spend more to maintain these lesser cars.
I'm the same way I run nothing but premium, even in my lawn mower.
For the same reason, it runs better, longer.

Way I see things you pay either at the pump or later at the shop.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #15

$4.099 in WV, 89 is $4.199. I remember when it used to be .899 and .999 - wow - apparently it STILL costs 10? difference for them to put in additives that make your gasoline not burn!

One of these days someone will distill their gasoline and figure out how to run it on the fumes of a LOT lower octane gasoline and get 150 MPG out of a 4000 pound car.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #16
Registered Member

my chevette does get 5-1= mpg better on midgrade over regular (both E 10 mind u) dunno why cuz runs smooth starts easy on either type...i can get them for the same price (different stations) so its win win for me for using midgrade in it.

s-10 it doesnt matter...(F/I so ti adjusts timign and all that fun stuff accordingly)

but please don't run premium in a lawnmower... they have like a 4:1 compression ratio...you could run a lawnmower off booze if u wanted to the compressions so low...i service lawnmowers as my job and i have yet to have a fuel (gasoline only) problem, most of the time its grass dirt , etc clogging the intake screen in the gas tank... or their trying to use 3 year old gas that looks like tea...what kills lawnmowers is lack of oil (not cleanliness of oil, just lack of it) heck i just changed the oil last year in one of our pushmowers since it was new in 1989...sure it was black but we kept it topped off.

heck my model A engine has a 4:1 ratio, theres lots of storys about during the depression of people running them off moonshine...

if u want your engine to be clean just run a bottle of injector cleaner thru the gas tank every month or so, but out of all the modern car engines ive taken apart they've all had clean valves and clean everything (most of em were junkyard specials)
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdieTurbo View Post
My "Service Engine Soon" light has been on for about 2 months now, I'm sure it's not helping.

Got to get me a ScanGauge ASAP!
Get thee to AutoZone for a free scan, stat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8307c4 View Post
I'm the same way I run nothing but premium, even in my lawn mower.
For the same reason, it runs better, longer.

Way I see things you pay either at the pump or later at the shop.
That's gotta be sarcasm. That's sarcasm, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
you could run a lawnmower off booze if u wanted to the compressions so low...i service lawnmowers as my job and i have yet to have a fuel (gasoline only) problem, most of the time its grass dirt , etc clogging the intake screen in the gas tank... or their trying to use 3 year old gas that looks like tea...
Hmm....is brandy better than stale gas? I'm pretty sure I've got most of a large bottle old crappy brandy that I don't like, I'd love to burn it off in my mower.

If I get a still, can I use all the old cheap gift wine that's rotting in bottles in my house?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Get thee to AutoZone for a free scan, stat!

That's gotta be sarcasm. That's sarcasm, right?

Hmm....is brandy better than stale gas? I'm pretty sure I've got most of a large bottle old crappy brandy that I don't like, I'd love to burn it off in my mower.

If I get a still, can I use all the old cheap gift wine that's rotting in bottles in my house?
haha make it 100 proof and im sure the mowers gonna do somehitng

but yes i forgot to mention taking the car to autozone/.orileys/advance/partsamerica/checker/most auto stores for a free scan
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #19
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MiddleMike
My mower runs on beer alone.

I drink a beer, then start pushing it. The 20" reel starts spinning as I push, the grass cuts and looks like a golf course professional cut it, and I'm happy.

Then I refill the motor with more beer when I'm done. You know, to keep it in primed...er...prime shape.
MiddleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #20
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleMike View Post
My mower runs on beer alone.

I drink a beer, then start pushing it. The 20" reel starts spinning as I push, the grass cuts and looks like a golf course professional cut it, and I'm happy.

Then I refill the motor with more beer when I'm done. You know, to keep it in primed...er...prime shape.
hahaha Can't beat the look of a reel mowed yard.