Gas Prices rising again - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Raccoonjoe Send a message via MSN to Raccoonjoe Send a message via Yahoo to Raccoonjoe
theclencher: She feels safe, and that makes her happy (that's what counts). Plus, with how she drives?? If she slides off into a ditch someday, I know that I can fix the Blazer enough to get it back on the road....

Old 07-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
SUV- safe
small car - accident avoidance

Old 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #23

I stand by my previous statement. If you are worried about the price of gas now, you are doing something wrong in life. You need to change the car you drive, where you live, where you work, the hours you work... etc before its too late. The cost of transportation is only going to get more expensive from here on out. This isn't just a money issue. Its a quality of life issue. We have become accustomed to planning the way we live and work on the implicit assumption that transportation is cheap and it will continue to be cheap. Thats simply not true anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoonjoe View Post
My wife drives a Blazer...doesn't get the best FE, but she's over EPA ratings at least....most importantly, she's safe.
The Chevy Blazer is the most dangerous vehicle for its occupants.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/19/i...ikely-to-kill/

You can read the study for yourself.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/iihs-...driver-deaths/
dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #24
Registered Member

lol
but reliable unliek its ford counterpart(lol good ole exploders..)

lol i hate to say it but if shes worried about sliding into ditches and her safety maybe she should drive better...its not like they magically appear in front of you...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #25
Registered Member

"she feels safe", yah but now everyone else needs a tank to feel safe.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #26
Supporting Member

skewbe -

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
"she feels safe", yah but now everyone else needs a tank to feel safe.
Same thing happened to a friend of mine. His wife got T-Boned while she was driving her Lexus SUV. The SUV was totaled, but she swears that it saved her life, so it was off to the Lexus dealer to get another.

Perception can be 9/10ths of the law in some states of mind,

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:32 AM   #27
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Raccoonjoe Send a message via MSN to Raccoonjoe Send a message via Yahoo to Raccoonjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
The worse the driver, the bigger the battering ram they should be armed with. Totally.

LOL!! I was expecting some feedback from my comments earlier...but not the part about the Blazer!!

Honestly, the only thing that concerns me about the Blazer is that my wife has to sit so close to the steering wheel (she's pretty short). I had some scrap steel laying around once, and her father and I basically rebuilt the bumpers, inside door panels, and major suspension components. That thing truly is a tank now.....

tjts1: Your link specifically mentioned 2 door, 2WD Blazers. My wife drives a 4 door, 4WD Blazer....crash test ratings here http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testin...ecific+vehicle
Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 AM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoonjoe View Post
...That thing truly is a tank now.....
I wish it were cute or funny, but wastefulness in america is a disease.

People buying SUVs for their own "safety" are not thinking about the safety of the people they will hit. In fact, they essentially terrorize the other drivers on the road by wielding so much mass, and at a large environmental cost. Ride with me in the Metro when mrs suv is on my tail and see if you don't feel a little terror (I'm used to it)

Throw in the rampant inattention (i.e. cell phones) and you have a strong case for "dang, we must all be idiots, how did it get so wasteful and stupid?!?"
Old 07-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #29
Supporting Member

Quote:
Skewbe: I wish it were cute or funny, but wastefulness in america is a disease.

People buying SUVs for their own "safety" are not thinking about the safety of the people they will hit. In fact, they essentially terrorize the other drivers on the road by wielding so much mass, and at a large environmental cost. Ride with me in the Metro when mrs suv is on my tail and see if you don't feel a little terror (I'm used to it)

Throw in the rampant inattention (i.e. cell phones) and you have a strong case for "dang, we must all be idiots, how did it get so wasteful and stupid?!?"
I agree skewbe. Not to say that people can/want to realize their flawed rationale. I had read somewhere that women who drive daily have a 1% chance of dying in an accident. Too bad there isn't clean, affordable public transportation.
Quote:
VetteOwner: but reliable unliek its ford counterpart
I've actually been quite amazed how well my ranger has held us since I've owned it. I just hate driving it because I know how inefficient it is to drive. I love small cars.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
...a friend of mine. His wife got T-Boned while she was driving her Lexus SUV. The SUV was totaled, but she swears that it saved her life, so it was off to the Lexus dealer to get another.
Exactly the same situation here with a co-worker who refuses to drive anything but a Chevy Suburban now.

Rick