Gas prices up - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Are you sure the limit isn't the station limit, and not your card limit? I've had pumps click off @ $50, reinsert my card, and pump another $20.

-Jay
I've always wondered that. Some stations pumps have a sticker that says $50 Visa and $75 master card limit. And the sticker says it isn't from the station, that it is mandated by the credit card companies. Then other stations have a $75 limit on visa. Then still other stations have no limit. When filling up my SUV I just put my Visa back in and run it again.

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
Site Team / Moderator

I've never seen a sticker posting card limits on a pump. Right when the price first spiked I had problems with some stations stopping @ $50, but all I ever did was just put the card back in and pump more.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #13
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
oh man i am glad i sold my car hahahaah remember oil recently dropped to $101 a barrel gas prices will go back down.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
Registered Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know that gas went up as much as $.50 gallon over night in the Charlotte, NC area. Stations that were $3.699 last night were 4.199 today and I heard one person locally say gas might be $5.00 or more per gallon by tomorrow. The stations have also placed a 10 gallon limit on gas sales because of low supply. I don't know whether this will be a national trend or not, but if gas hasn't gone up or been limited where you live you might want to fill up.
I hope everyone is preparing for the next few months, Hurricane Ike will be added to a long list of excuses for why fuel prices will go throught the roof in the next few months. (as if they are not already there....)

www.shoppartsdirect.com
bucklejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
Registered Member

I just hope the oil rigs are ok down there. the price of gas does affect me since im jobless for now, but i drive very little in the city. i just feel bad for the low wage workers who have to feed their family and still have to drive to work.
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #16
Registered Member

Went up 40 cents for regular overnight, here south of D.C.

Its been 20 days since I got gas, so this weekend, around 1/4 tank it's time to go get some gas... Stupid bad luck.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #17
Site Team / Moderator

I will need to do some heavy hauling next week, I guess I need to drive the Buick some more to save that gas in the truck for the hauling so I don't have to buy any gas next week. Give these storms a chance to clear out and get fuel production back online.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
oh man i am glad i sold my car hahahaah remember oil recently dropped to $101 a barrel gas prices will go back down.
There are gasoline contracts traded too. Those are up.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #19

When something is in short supply, prices go up. There is no such thing as "price gauging". If you don't like the price, you're welcome to not buy it. 20% of the refinaries in the US are shutdown for this storm. Don't be surprised to see $6 and $7 per gallon in the next few days as oil drops below $100 per barrel. This too shall pass. The oil bubble has burst and with the world in recession it will continue to collapse. This hurricane is just a blip.
dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #20
Registered Member

So far, as of this evening, I haven't seen any rise in prices here in California. Not to say they couldn't shoot up tomorrow morning, but so far nothing.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote