Get ready to pay more? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #11

Just a quick note.. You do realize that they've been saying we've hit the peak of the oil production curve since the 70's, right? They've always said that within the next five years, production will drop. And the only reason production has slowed or dropped is due to artificial limiting, either by actively slowing production activities (as in OPEC) or by preventing the creation of new production facilities (As in the USA).

Personally, I've never come across any real evidence that convincingly says that oil is running out, due primarily to the fact that they never seem to acknowledge man made decreases in production.

Not that I don't think that the price of gas and oil are going to be going up, which is why I like my bike.

Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
Registered Member

"The amount of oil we use on a daily basis is already going down. Why all this talk about people not wanting to down size? They did, last year, and now that gas is cheap they enjoy the savings even more."

What- 3 or 4 %? That's not enough to do anything. Informal traffic survey on my street shows just as much rippin' around as ever.

"Just a quick note.. You do realize that they've been saying we've hit the peak of the oil production curve since the 70's, right? They've always said that within the next five years, production will drop."

The devil is in the details biff. If I'm not mistaken, U.S. production DID peak in the '70s. Is that what you heard then? If so, that was correct. Then in the interim, the discussion probably changed to global peak oil... which may be upon us as we speak, or may not, but at any rate is probably not as far off into the future as we'd like.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugyNA View Post
good site, i'm in the process of reading thru it. just like any conspiracy theory, it's worth looking for some truth in it.

he does suggest some great ideas like save and conserve. and it can't be all bad, as he believes the US govt is spending w/out clue of the end result!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #14
Registered Member

Prepare to pay more?? Hell I'm paying nearly $.50 a gallon more now than I was a month ago and I hope I'm wrong, but I expect to see at least $3. a gallon before the end of the summer.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
As it has in the past years - the price will rise until the end of June then fall a little...
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:37 AM   #16

US production didn't peak in the 70's. It slowed advancement in th 70's because that's when we built our last refinery, and that's when we limited all production artificially in the name of stopping a new ice age from all the greenhouse gasses.

Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote