GS FAQ/Glossary, Busted/Confirmed Mods, Archive - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 AM   #61
Registered Member

i could possibly see where they may help in carborated motors, but fuel injected systems are factory set up for good atomization of fuel

fritz_tb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #62

Those have been gone over and deemed useless. Think about it, would altering the state of the airflow through the throttle body before it makes its way through the manifold and valves actually make any difference other than adding restriction? Unless you're thinking a higher-flow TB or forced induction I'd say no... Your through-carb airflow could be turbulence free and by the time it made it's way through the air channels in the manifold and small openings of the valves it would be quite different. And in my time racing with my dad, with his old dragged-out classic muscle cars I can't remember seeing one person at the track who had anything under their throttle body other than a shim for clearance, a Nitrous injection plate or a restriction plate. I think if throttle body spacers actually worked the drag racers of the world would've snatched them up and perfected them in their everlasting quest for cheap horsepower.

varg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #63
Registered Member

I agree, but where have they been gone over? I have looked for some independent reports, but have found only advertising.
fritz_tb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #64
Registered Member

[QUOTE=SVOboy;15414]Busted/Confirmed Mods:

Acetone:
I say it's busted (I tried it once, but FE went down due to weather)

I use 2 3/4 ounces of Acetone in every 10 gallon fill up, and get about 2 more mpg. When I don't use it, mpg goes back down. I have documented this for over 2 years. I have a '93 Mazda MX-3 V6. It also works on my motorhome, and every car I've driven.
fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #65
Registered Member

K&N/High Flow Air Filters:
busted
http://www.metrompg.com/posts/air-filter-part-1.htm
http://www.metrompg.com/posts/air-filter-part-2.htm

I'm sad to see this busted, after only 1 person tested it on 1 car, even though he showed positive results. This is very misleading, especially for noobies. I have seen many favorable results on different cars. It alone won't save alot, but DEFINITELY helps! Not to mention, you save $$ in the long run by not having to replace it, and get better filtration, saving engine wear which will help keep good gas mileage many thousand miles to come.
fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #66

Ice

Does anyone know what the term "ICE" represents? It's used commonly on CleanMPG.
KrazyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #67
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Hateful
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyDawg View Post
Does anyone know what the term "ICE" represents? It's used commonly on CleanMPG.
internal combustion engine aka gas burner
Hateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #68
Registered Member

Acetone: Busted.

I am so glad someone finally put this to bed. I have heard so many people tell me how they are getting 10-20% better mileage using it. Yet everyone else that I know that I trust, that has tried it got zero MPG improvements. In almost all cases many users saw a decrease in fuel mileage.
GasSavers_ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #69
DRW
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Acetone: Busted.

I am so glad someone finally put this to bed. I have heard so many people tell me how they are getting 10-20% better mileage using it. Yet everyone else that I know that I trust, that has tried it got zero MPG improvements. In almost all cases many users saw a decrease in fuel mileage.
I agree. There's plenty of 'placebo effect' occuring with first time acetone use. Most reports that show positive results also have way too many uncontrolled variables, and the driving habits seem to go from tragicly wastefull to 'I care now'.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #70
Registered Member

I keep saying the ads for run your car on water, even on this site. Does anyone on this site know if this is just a bunch of crap, like those pills they tried to sell the first time gas prices shot up after Katrina, or if it is something that actually works. What I gathered from this site, is that the increase in alternator usage to generate the electricity to create the hydrogen will offset whatever gains you get from the hydrogen itself. Is creating this setup like running the A/C?

SgtRock65 is offline   Reply With Quote