GS members with "personal bests" on their latest fill-ups. Woo hoo! - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #51
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I got over 1mpg improvement on my truck's fill today and I can't figure out why. It's the best I've ever gotten from this truck, even compared to when it was brand new and I was doing only long highway trips with cruise control set at 65.

Take a look at my truck's gaslog.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #52
Registered Member

14.72. Not my absolute best tank (a 17.73mpg romp at a steady, relaxed, top-down 55mph), but it is the best yet on my commuting. That's a .14 improvement over the last tank, which was a .58mpg improvement over the last, which was a ~.4mpg improvement over the one before...in other words, that's 4 personal best tanks in a row. Yay me! I hope 15 is the next stop...if so, that's not far off from what I used to get on the highway!!

'09 Harley Nightster - 48mpg and 1/4 miles in the 12's
jcp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:21 AM   #53
Registered Member

Just pulled a best of 24.47mpg, filled a little early, but it was still around 2/3 of a tank. ~5% better than previous tank ~10% over previous average. Had 4oz Isopropyl in it, trying to find best ratio, considering additives as "liquid combustion timing" so trying to zero in on correct ratio for my motor.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #54
Registered Member

w00t, back to back another best tank, broke 25mpg, 25.39mpg, broke 23 average, 6oz 70% IPA/tank, 4oz/10G. ~4% better than last tank, ~12% over previous average.

Edit: by my figuring that also broke 30mpg imperial
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 06-13-2008, 05:33 AM   #55

wOOt! Green netted 22.63 mpg on its the last tank! Just over 41% above EPA.
ihatemybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #56
Registered Member

Nice, 41% over EPA! That's Astro-nomical
Old 06-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #57
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Hooray!!!! 36mpg vs. EPA 24. WooHoo!!!!

I had a bunch of waste due to road construction, alternate route, and excessively hot days requiring lots of A/C.

I quit doing anything special on the highway, and just set the cruise to 70-75mph. I also did a little EOC, maybe as much as 4.5 miles which would account for .64mpg, still leaving me at a record.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #58
Registered Member

Congrats thc

Just pulled a 26.99, so tempting to fudge the figures to make it a round 27, I'm calling it 27 that's about 32 mpg imperial.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:58 AM   #59

Record tank for Green 526.4 miles (most ever one tank) burning 22.033 gallons.

23.89 MPG and 49.3% above EPA!!

This to me is pretty incredible, because my wife drove it for one day while we were using both vans to help someone move and 20 minutes were spent cruising a parking lot with my daughter behind the wheel.
ihatemybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #60

Figured 34mpg over mountains with 5 passengers in a heavy car was good, considering my best over the same distance before was 32mpg with 2 people. Gaslog tells the details.

almightybmw is offline   Reply With Quote