HAFC kit - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #41
Registered Member

I'm going to be doing the same thing that kit does but I'll be saving $600. I found a hydrogen generator that also separates the H from the O2. Therefore I can route to H into the intake and the O2 can go right into the cabin for fresher air. Also, by taking out the O2 from the gas mixture the O2 sensor will not pick up the extra O2 which can give off a check engine light or trigger the ecm to add more fuel thinking it is lean. I'm also adding a gas vaporizer and a protium optimizer so I can have full control of the air fuel ratio. All this for under $500. After all said and done I might be able to get upwards of 100 mpg. I just installed the gas vaporizer today and I am still waiting for the other 2 components. I'll keep everyone updated on my little "project". Should be done in a week or 2 then another week of testing and tinkering with the a/f ratio.

slimreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #42
Registered Member

slimreynolds, have you even checked out the stanley meyer water cell?
where is the source of your project and what is it called? pdf files?

couple things about your project, I dont think putting oxygen in the cabin is a good idea.. lol. The other thing is, when you remove the oxygen from the engine, won't the hydrogen and the gas need more air then? I would just leave it cause when hydrogen and oxygen combusts, it turns into water and there will be no more oxygen or hydrogen left, (as long as you do it right) Which means the oxygen sensor wont sense any change (except when you only put in hydrogen)
I know your project is underway, but check out the one that has been discussed the few last posts.

Gearshredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #43
Registered Member

Gearshredder-
I am using 304 stainless steel. You can't buy this at hardware stores. ANy metal supplier will have it. I order metal a lot for other projects, and for work. So I just used Metalexpress.com
They're great because they'll cut your stuck free of charge, They ship quickly, and have very competitive prices. Some say to use seamless 316 stainless only, when it comes to tubes.
This, in my opinion, is a bunch of bull. 316 is slightly more corrosion resistant because it has 2-3% molybdenum. But unless you're exposing your tubes to acid all the time, I wouldn't worry about it! They say seamless tubing only because of fear that seam might stick outward. Well, you can't even tell where the seam is in my tubes. Plus the cost of 316, let alone seamless, is double.
phantomcow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #44
Registered Member

And whatever you do, make certain that whatever steel you have in there is truly stainless. If it's just steel, you'll make iron oxide instead of HHO!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #45
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomcow2 View Post
I am actually using the Stan Meyer system ...
That name set red flags up in my head... did a quick google search and it all came back....

Just FYI, Stan Meyer was sued by his investors because his claims were not at all accurate - fraud. When his water fuel cell was eventually looked at by a third parties for court - they found it was nothing revolutionary and was just operating on electrolysis...

The problem with resonant devices.... They are very good at absorbing energy when that energy is properly given to it. This makes it appear that you're getting something for nothing - when really, that energy comes from whatever is driving the resonator...

Quote:
and the O2 can go right into the cabin for fresher air.
This is an incredibly bad idea! O2 is highly corrosive and as the name suggests, it's an oxidizer. The Apollo 1 disaster is attributed to O2 (in their case 100%).

------
With whatever you do, keep in mind that exceptional/extraordinary claims require exceptional evidence and documentation

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #46
Registered Member

trebuchet03,
I have to disagree with you that this device is a fraud. At the end of the day, an ammeter hooked from the source to the circuit isn't going to lie. There are youtube videos where people will do this and the reading is .5amps or whatever, with usually just 12 volts input.

THe principles by which this operates is not at all like electrolysis. If this was just electrolysis, the current draw would be enormous.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #47
Registered Member

By the way, there are several forums with ongoing threads about this. THose who have actually replicated it have seen fantastic results.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #48
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomcow2 View Post
trebuchet03,
I have to disagree with you that this device is a fraud.
I did not once say the device was a fraud (I reserve judgment for that matter later ) -- I said the creator was sued for fraud - he promised something, and couldn't deliver it Just FYI, I tend not to be cryptic with my posts - I'll type exactly what I mean in a literal sense

Again, as I said:
Quote:
...exceptional/extraordinary claims require exceptional evidence and documentation.

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #49
Registered Member

well lets c how everything goes, between both of you experimenters, and compare results thou i have more belief that stanley meyer did make an amazing device, otherwise, why was he killed? gas companies didn't like him. and many other innovative people.
and courts also don't like very efficient devices either..
Gearshredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #50
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearshredder View Post
well lets c how everything goes, between both of you experimenters, and compare results thou i have more belief that stanley meyer did make an amazing device, otherwise, why was he killed? gas companies didn't like him. and many other innovative people.
and courts also don't like very efficient devices either..
You don't want to get on the wrong side of the Aneurysm Mafia, that's for sure,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote