HH-O Spark plug - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

HH-O Spark plug

This is a concept where by the water is split whilst leaving the end of a nosel directly in to the head of the engine, i believe they are using microwaves through an anode in the center of the injector to fracture the water.

This means no tanks of hho nothing stored, the hho (Browns gas) is created turly on demand leaving you with a clean tank of water.
As there is no cells in there also this means there will not be a problem with the heat as the cells are not sitting in the water, the injector receives a clean cool squirt for every cycle.

the plugs could then be run from the Vachel's existing timing circuit enabling it to be fired at the correct point for ignition,

If the hydrogen was injected directly in to the cylinder head and the plug had some kind of Spark emitter on the end i believe due to the amount of petrol that is drawn in to the engine for combustion is nothing compared to the amount of hydrogen we have all been creating with our amasing devices; That we could get an engine to run like this.

Maby there is someone out there Maby its YOU, that fineds this concept interesting i would like to know if we could shair some thorts as this is something that has not been documented.

Russ . . .

Old 06-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

Microwaves? You realize the power draw of a Magnetron under the hood of a car would be? You'd probably need an upgraded alternator powering a voltage inverter to power the magnetron. Not only that, but the weight added to the vehicle for the proper shielding, and the fact that I don't think we currently posses the technology to create enough gas on demand right in the cylinder to make any difference. Sorry, it just sounds too complicated, heavy, and expensive, and inefficient to work.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

i can see where your coming from and i like the idea of using a inverter, it wouldn't have to be 800 WATT like our microwaves indoors i cant remember where it was to quote it but i remember a post about the plug using 80w this could be easily created using a reverse transformer, from a 300amp battery

i wasn't saying we should all put this in our cars right now just that its something worth looking in to

"Maby there is someone out there"
Old 06-18-2008, 05:38 AM   #4
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
i can see where your coming from and i like the idea of using a inverter, it wouldn't have to be 800 WATT like our microwaves indoors i cant remember where it was to quote it but i remember a post about the plug using 80w this could be easily created using a reverse transformer, from a 300amp battery

i wasn't saying we should all put this in our cars right now just that its something worth looking in to

"Maby there is someone out there"
Yeah, but like I said, I don't believe the technology exists right now to make this idea work. We are talking about the drag on the engine an alternator would be putting out to be able to just power this apparatus. And also consider on V6's & V8's you would need at least 2 magnetrons running, one for each side (Microwaves travel in a straight line, and cannot travel through the engine block). I still don't think this would work without one magnetron for each cylinder. Certainly with the amount of microwave interference of 6 or 8 magnetrons running, even if well shielded would make your stereo and cell phone useless. Also consider this: let's assume that an 80w magnetron such as you propose can run on 12vdc, this way we can ignore what any 120vac inverter , or transformer is doing. That is roughly 6.7 amps @ 12vdc for each magnetron. I have already mentioned that you will need at least 2 magnetrons because of the properties of electromagnetic radiation will not allow you to effectively send it to the other side of the engine, and still have a useable amount of microwave radiation. So now we're talking about at least 2 magnetrons. This will be a minimum of 13.4 amps @ 12vdc constantly drawing on your alternator. Now we have to consider an upgraded alternator and a larger battery (more weight to carry).

Now, lets take this one step further and ignore the radiation and EMI for the moment. I would think that you would need one magnetron focused on each cylinder for proper performance. On a V6 that would mean 6 magnetrons running. This would be a 40.2 amp draw, 53.6 amps for a V8! Have you priced a 200 amp alternator lately? I just checked on the internet and the 200 amp alternators I've found have all been $400 & up. Extra capacity battery - $100. (6) 80w magnetrons... Lets say if mass produced they can be had for $25 each, $150 for a V6. Shop labor @ $60/hr to do the total conversion. I'd say this would be at least 5 hour job for an experienced installer with the proper tools and parts available. $300 min. That all comes to $950 + VA 5% sales & use tax comes to at least $1,000 installed, and that is a very conservative estimate. Now factor in the added vehicle weight, and constant 40+ amp draw on your new 200 amp alternator. I don't think you can produce enough HHO gas on demand to overcome all that. I think the vehicle would actually get worse mileage.

-Jay

EDIT: I was just thinking with that kind of constant draw an extra capacity battery is probably not enough. You will probably have to do a dual battery conversion which will add another $250 at least to the price, and an additional 800 CCA battery weighs about 40 pounds.

How much space do you have under the hood of the vehicle for all this extra stuff? Pickup trucks and late 70's/early 80's GM cars have 2 battery trays for the diesel engine option, but I figure most people don't have that luxury.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

Red face hm ok

Maby it was radio waves then or is this the same thing . i just found it interesting and wondered if any one else new anything about it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3nPa7Y7EBs
Old 06-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Maby it was radio waves then or is this the same thing . i just found it interesting and wondered if any one else new anything about it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3nPa7Y7EBs
Microwave radiation is radio waves.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

Magnatron

Oh is it special frequencies or just sent out in a special way?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Oh is it special frequencies or just sent out in a special way?
Not really. Its just a property of radio waves. Now these are just plain radio waves, there's no music or voice track associated with it. If I remember correctly that's how microwave ovens were invented. A technician was working with a RADAR setup and when he passed by the front of it a chocolate bar in his pocket melted. That's why Amana calls their microwave ovens "Radar Range".

-Jay

Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
Site Team / Moderator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwaves

Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
Registered Member

Superb

Thank Thankyou