Hho - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #41
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
I used mine lining an old football helmet so the Gov't spy satellites cannot read my mind.
That's why I like my Cadillac Eldorado Beer-ritz...it came with a tinfoil hat (well, actually stainless steel, but that works too) from the factory!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #42
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBob View Post
That's why I like my Cadillac Eldorado Beer-ritz...it came with a tinfoil hat (well, actually stainless steel, but that works too) from the factory!
Here in the DC area I see in the classifieds that the 83 and 84 Eldo Barritz cars that come up are always expensive. You have any plans to restore it in the future, or is it just a fun beater like my Buick and my 86 C-10?

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Here in the DC area I see in the classifieds that the 83 and 84 Eldo Barritz cars that come up are always expensive. You have any plans to restore it in the future, or is it just a fun beater like my Buick and my 86 C-10?

-Jay
This car has sat in at least one major hailstorm...lots of little pockmarks all over it...the front bumper is sprung, the leather interior (at least the front seats) have rotted...the back seat is ok...I've used lots of leather conditioner on both and they are a lot better than when I got the car, but the leather was too far gone in front to really save. The visors were glued to the headliner. The car has rust on the bottoms of the doors, and it looks like there has been rust probably bondo'd over on the back fenders. The underhood wiring has been gnawed by rodents. I've had to repair much of it. After 4 years, there are still poops on the intake manifold. It probably wouldn't make a good restoration candidate...probably would make a pretty good parts car, though. I bought it for $1500 several years ago because I thought it would be a good car for my wife to drive...but she has yet to try.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:08 AM   #44
Registered Member

Beef: That's exactly the sort of thing we're trying to do: understand it to some degree. We're doing a lot of experimentation with it and new developments are coming along every day...that we often don't understand, but get results from. A good example is the zerofossilfuels videos.
As a bodybuilder we go through the same thing: guys with tons of anecdotal evidence and labcoats who explain or explain away why things work or don't. But even there the labcoats have to scratch their heads and say "We just don't know" at the amassed results that often fly in the face of conventional wisdom. And we have discovered new and useful things using their science, like not having to eat every 3 hours.
I just feel that the same thing is happening with HHO, and it seems to be working for me. I'll be the first to post when something doesn't work. We're not even sure with big engines if all the savings just come from idling time or not. OTOH, many guys go on long trips to document their MPG's, usually with smaller engines than v-8's tho.
I'm not saying it's better than H20 injection or that it's perfect. I hate the amps I'm using to produce over a liter/min. So we continue to try and develop a low amp/ high production cell. The japanese seem to have done it.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:26 AM   #45
Registered Member

i have one of the online manuals some where ill host it and leave you the address unless you know a way i can post a site on this forum, or just the files so you can download it, its one of them ones you're meant to pay for and get 3 designs so there is a lot of blabber in there, but if you gave a brows the facts and designs where to get the bits are there to just forget the first few pages.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:07 AM   #46
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
i have one of the online manuals some where ill host it and leave you the address unless you know a way i can post a site on this forum, or just the files so you can download it, its one of them ones you're meant to pay for and get 3 designs so there is a lot of blabber in there, but if you gave a brows the facts and designs where to get the bits are there to just forget the first few pages.
Personally if this stuff worked, I'd be building one tonight. I am curious, and think there is potential in the concept. If you have the plans & manuals in an electronic format such as a PDF file send me a PM. I think I can host it in my FTP space, depending on how large it is.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:35 AM   #47
Registered Member

I finally had a little time to look at the OU site this morning and here's an example of what I see all over the place in the way of anecdotes - hard to ignore hundreds getting results:
http://oupower.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1882
That site is much older than our new HHOinfo.com site so there are other designs and much info new to me. Including many saying the Smack unit is actually pretty poor, but mine was modified from the start. Smack himself said it wasn't the best; just easy to make.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #48
Registered Member

Sperb

I have found the files it is in web format so i will host it on my site when i get back later on today, if your interested pm me and ill send you a link to it,
Old 06-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #49
Registered Member

quadancer, if all you say is true, then why don't you of all people have a gas log. look at mine see how it fluctuates. I don't exagerate and I don't make excuses. in the end "it is what it is" so where is yours.

I work in engineering where designs are simulated and simulated and when the design comes out it is tested in real world and yes there are differences but the calculations get you close and the real world sells the part. there are always factors not considered but in the end you account for as much as you can and go from there. Do I have all the answers? no, but neither does anyone else. that is more my point, if you are experimenting whole heartedly then share that data, let everyone see it and go from there. if it is working show results. where are anyones gas logs. I show mine from my grill block and warm air intake which are proven to work but I still show the data because I like to share my findings.

I am not trying to rail you here and I apologize if it sounds that way but if I tried something and it made a good amount of difference then I would note it in my gas log and start a thread, usually post pics and prices of materials. I usually use crap from lowes and walmart.

I said I didn't have anything else to say....well crap

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #50
Registered Member

I would love to have logs but i cant get my hed round all that stuff sorry i am very good with my mined and being hands on but not at recording data and so on.

If there is anything your wondering i am more than happy to answer your questions as best i can,

i am going to try get some data for you guys

Russ . .