high compression thought? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 PM   #11
*shrug*

Oh snap, go for it Dax! And

Oh snap, go for it Dax! And while you've got it all apart, drill into your TB for some water injection, ;-), that'll really extend the leanness of the z1, I believe.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #12
*shrug*

Argument Settled I'm going

<a href=http://www.mtggraphics.com/bigmoosepapers/ThermodynamicCycles2.pdf target=_blank>Argument Settled</a>

I'm going high compression, more power, better fuel economy, woot.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #13
Driving on E

As I mentioned, if any one

As I mentioned, if any one else is interested in doing this same thing (on a honda d-series engine) I have a d15z1 cylinder head (with vtec solenoid) for sale. I also have the valve cover for a little extra. This with a obd1 distributor and p07 ECU (along with a conversion harness which I'll soon be posting the pinouts for) you'll be ready to rock.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:00 AM   #14

Matt, I'd be willing to buy

Matt, I'd be willing to buy the head and do the swap, but what about all the peripherials that the P07 is going to be looking for? I know there was at least one little 'black box' in my VX engine bay, and you're going to have to wire up a 5-wire o2 sensor. I have a pretty good writeup on converting a 5-wire harness to a 4-wire harness on Honda-Tech - maybe you could use it in reverse or something.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:48 AM   #15
Driving on E

Re: Matt, I'd be willing to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Matt, I'd be willing to buy the head and do the swap, but what about all the peripherials that the P07 is going to be looking for? I know there was at least one little 'black box' in my VX engine bay, and you're going to have to wire up a 5-wire o2 sensor. I have a pretty good writeup on converting a 5-wire harness to a 4-wire harness on Honda-Tech - maybe you could use it in reverse or something.
The black box is the EGR control box. I've been told that the EGR control box from a HF works as well. I can check the junkyard to see if the VX is still there and swipe the extra egr control box if you want it.

As for the o2 sensor, I already have a five wire o2 sensor that I am going to us for my swap. I am planning on just running the wires from the ECU straight to the o2 sensor. In a perfect world I would have found a vx wiring harness, but I never get that lucky. I'm still in the process of making my vx conversion harness which I finally have all of the pinouts for. I should be done sometime very soon.

So, IOW, if you want the head I can sell it. I'm not certain what a good amount to ask is, but I guess that is up for negotiation. I also have a set of obd1 injectors and fuel rail. The guy who was going to sell me the VX intake manifold screwed me, so I can't sell you one of those. ANy HF or VX manifold will work though.

Anyway, i'm rambling. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote